The Construction of a Light Aircraft (1943)

Old April 30th 12, 07:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Du Taquetdelaportétanche

Default The Construction of a Light Aircraft (1943)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6q1VKsTeKQ
Old May 3rd 12, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard Isakson

"Du Taquetdelaportétanche" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6q1VKsTeKQ

I finally got around to watching this. I enjoyed the nostalgia. I think I
was born too late although it was just five years after this film was made.
Through the whole film I thought it was a J-3 they were building but the
door's wrong. Must be a super cub.

Richard Isakson

Old May 4th 12, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard[_8_]

On 5/3/2012 3:41 PM, Richard Isakson wrote:
"Du Taquetdelaportétanche" wrote in message

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6q1VKsTeKQ

I finally got around to watching this. I enjoyed the nostalgia. I think
I was born too late although it was just five years after this film was
made. Through the whole film I thought it was a J-3 they were building
but the door's wrong. Must be a super cub.

Richard Isakson

There were several different aircraft in that film.

The fuselage welding section was a J3.

But later, especially the test flight, looked like a Cub Coupe.
Old May 4th 12, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ed Sullivan

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:36:50 +0200, Du Taquetdelaportétanche
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6q1VKsTeKQ

I think the last shown was a J5. Super cub still has the drop down
door.
Old May 8th 12, 10:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Apr 29, 8:36*pm, Du Taquetdelaportétanche wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6q1VKsTeKQ

That was an interesting vid. We liked it over at rec.metalworking.
Thanks
Karl