The real benefits of high fuel prices

Old June 9th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Pits

Default The real benefits of high fuel prices

On Jun 8, 9:44 pm, Stealth Pilot
wrote:
I went out test flying my Tailwind today and covered about 600km over
a little under 3 hours. (360 nautical miles or there abouts).

There are huge benefits to the astronomical hike in fuel prices.
the idiots are all staying home worrying about the cost which has the
odd effect of making the skies absolutely safe for the rest of us.

I flew up over our local city in what would have been pretty busy
airspace with lots of avoiding to do, this tends to distract one from
the sight seeing, but today I had the entire airspace with just two
other aircraft. my heavens what a utopian flying environment.

the sky now has two types of pilot in it. professional aviators and
true enthusiasts. all the hangers on and the half hearted are sitting
on the ground. this , when you think about it, is the way it should
be.

the other thing I like about high fuel prices is that the chinese have
to pay them as well. that'll slow the buggers down. maybe the jobs
will stop being exported over to them in the long run.

truely, I had a wonderful day flying today!

Stealth Pilot

Stealth as much as I enjoy and find interest in many of your posts
and or musings
I find this one rather worrying and wonder if you will soon shave the
head get a swastika tattoo and wear doc Martins and listen to German
punk ?

The use of the phrase " The idiots are staying at home"
I find particularly offensive ----------- many of those idiots as you
refer to them, may be working several jobs studying for an aviation
vocation or career
and like many finding it a tad difficult to position themselves for
career and savings, within the current financial constraints

I wish not believe that you are such a **** as your words imply .
Dreadful attitude there and a certain amount of Ignorance or lack of
global situational awareness
re your remarks about China . are also of a concern..

But to look down from a self perceived if not delusional "on High" is
offensive and as prefaced earlier can not believe is the real you
Juts my 2 cents
Old June 9th 08, 07:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation

What a knob. Calls him self stealth pilot and flys a tailwind piece of
****. Get a real aircraft.**** like that is a pest to all us ordinary
pilots who are still flying. Mate I can fly easily over the Melbourne
CBD with no other traffic around aswell. Big ******* Deal.
Old June 9th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Sun, 8 Jun 2008 20:52:25 -0700 (PDT), Pits
wrote:

Stealth as much as I enjoy and find interest in many of your posts
and or musings
I find this one rather worrying and wonder if you will soon shave the
head get a swastika tattoo and wear doc Martins and listen to German
punk ?

Pits honestly you can be such a goon :-)
I was actually wearing my workshop steel toecap Olivers, just because
I happened to have them on.

in the spirit of 'Top Gear' the bugger the fuel prices auto program
out of england I was out flying and bloody well enjoying it.
so there!

I worked out that fuel would have to climb above $4.80 per litre for
me to actually think of curtailing the flying.

I wish not believe that you are such a **** as your words imply .
Dreadful attitude there and a certain amount of Ignorance or lack of
global situational awareness

no I'm not an ignorant **** at all. I just thought I'd trowel it on
thick and make some of you pollitically correct non thinkers squirm a
bit.
hell you've got to have something to aspire to.

re your remarks about China . are also of a concern..

stuff china. they can look after themselves. and they will.
they'd do a lot better if they dumped communism and the chinese
language, that'd make the next generation truely competitive on the
world stage. but they wont so tough banannas to them.

But to look down from a self perceived if not delusional "on High" is
offensive and as prefaced earlier can not believe is the real you
Juts my 2 cents

if you can only afford 2 cents then glued to the window looking in is
where you'll spend the rest of your life!

I know it is highly offensive but if hughie is kind to me with the
weather I'm going for another fly on each day of next weekend.
I'm going to try for 3 hours each day.

despite me telling him to get stuffed John Ewing is the only guy here
with half a clue. unless we take carbon out of the fuel nothing we do
will make a zot of difference regarding global warming.
if pigskin was used to make hydrogen containment vessels on the
zeppelins the problems cant be that hard to overcome.
the first company that puts out a hydrogen car at reasonable price
gets my next purchase, be it combustion or fuel cell.

no not a different Stealth Pilot ya noddies.
Just the same Stealth Pilot as ever.
go flying or die :-)

Old June 9th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation

wrote:

stuff china. they can look after themselves. and they will.
they'd do a lot better if they dumped communism and the chinese
language, that'd make the next generation truely competitive on the
world stage. but they wont so tough banannas to them.

They have already dumped communism their version of the communist
party is a combined republican, democratic, libertarian affair, and
the education system at high school and university is gravitating
towards English as a teaching and learning medium. So they are and it
tough banana to the rest of us.
Old June 10th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Michael Henry[_2_]

stuff china. they can look after themselves. and they will.
they'd do a lot better if they dumped communism and the chinese
language, that'd make the next generation truely competitive on the
world stage. but they wont so tough banannas to them.

China is not competitive on the world stage? But weren't you just
complaining that we were losing jobs to them???

IMHO the "everyone needs to think and act like us" mindset is a close
second to greed as being responsible for war and general discontentment
in this world. Diversity is a good thing.

unless we take carbon out of the fuel nothing we do
will make a zot of difference regarding global warming.

I think we could make a substantial difference just by reducing our
consumption.
Old June 10th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,aus.aviation
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 11:27:56 +1000, Michael Henry
wrote:

stuff china. they can look after themselves. and they will.
they'd do a lot better if they dumped communism and the chinese
language, that'd make the next generation truely competitive on the
world stage. but they wont so tough banannas to them.

China is not competitive on the world stage? But weren't you just
complaining that we were losing jobs to them???

IMHO the "everyone needs to think and act like us" mindset is a close
second to greed as being responsible for war and general discontentment
in this world. Diversity is a good thing.

unless we take carbon out of the fuel nothing we do
will make a zot of difference regarding global warming.

I think we could make a substantial difference just by reducing our
consumption.

I didnt say anything at all about thinking or acting like us!
what I said was that they should abandon an unresponsive form of
government (communism) and that they should dump the pictogram
language for the structural efficiencies of a language like english.
the last would improve their thinking and analytical skills.

Stealth Pilot