Free instrument approach procedures software

Old April 3rd 09, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Greg Siemon

Default Free instrument approach procedures software

Instrument Approach and Airport/Facility Directories Library and Flight
Planning Software

Aviator Trip Pack:
1. Develop your own custom library instrument approach procedures and
A/FD.
2. Rapidly develop flight plans by point-n-click and rubber band routing.
3. Create Trip Packs of only the procedures required for a flight.
4. Automatically select alternate AP's by course width.
5. Hands free Duat access for weather and filing flight plans.
6. Pocket PC support and laptop/tablet sync.
7. Graphical map with Airports, waypoints and SUA.
8. Get METAR/TAF weather by pointing, on the map, with your mouse.
9. Update your library independently, no remote service or charge.
10. Optionally update your library automatically and unattended.
11. Airport/Facilities Directory entries are included in Trip Packs for
subject airports.
12. An EFB

http://cmensys.com

Old April 3rd 09, 12:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steve Foley[_4_]

This is what I got when I clicked on the link:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at cmensys.com has been reported as an attack site and has
been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use
your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are
compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Old April 6th 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Greg Siemon

Steve,

I can assure you that there is nothing on my site that would be harmful to
your computer. I am curious who or what software gave you this message.
There is a Trojan out there that tries to get you to buy their software to
solve a nonexistent problem. I know because I got it myself, and it's a SOB
to get rid of. Sorry for any problem.

Greg

Old April 6th 09, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
BeechSundowner

On Apr 6, 5:03*pm, "Greg Siemon" wrote:
[...]

I don't get any alerts, and like Greg says, there is nothing on his
website that alerts any of my antiphishing tools on my computer..

I am an EXTREMELY happy user of ATP (I have posted my experiences in
the past here in this group). Saves a ton of money in not having to
buy charts I will never use.

Once you do get past the rather large learning curve, the program is
worth it's weight in gold especially when you only want specific types
of approaches for a flight path.

Support from Greg has been NOTHING less then stellar when bugs were
being worked out in the earlier development of the program.
Old April 7th 09, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron Garret

In article
,
BeechSundowner wrote:

[...]

It's been flagged by Google:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...tic?client=Fir
efox&hl=en-US&site=http://cmensys.com/trippack/mainframe.htm

Some browsers use Google's service to filter sites.

rg
Old April 7th 09, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steve Foley

"Steve Foley" wrote in message

Google is NOT Greg's friend.

Apparently, google decided that this link had a problem, and was blocking me
from seeing it. I looked at the code, and could see no issues. The only
plug-in referenced that I could find was flash.

Anyway, surf away.

Old April 7th 09, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
BeechSundowner

On Apr 6, 6:25*pm, Ron Garret wrote:
In article
,

It's been flagged by Google:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...gnostic?client...
efox&hl=en-US&site=http://cmensys.com/trippack/mainframe.htm

Some browsers use Google's service to filter sites.

rg

Interesting Ron,

Your link got truncated Below my name is the results of your input.

I wonder if it's not contents of the website that's the problembut
exploits of where he is hosting his website AS3595 (GNAXNET). causing
the bells and whistles of google to go off.

Allen

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for cmensys.com/trippack

What is the current listing status for cmensys.com/trippack?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm
your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s)
over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page
(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed
without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on
2009-04-05, and the last time suspicious content was found on this
site was on 2009-04-05.

Malicious software includes 2 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS3595 (GNAXNET).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further
distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, cmensys.com/trippack did not appear to
function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90
days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate
sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Old April 8th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Greg Siemon

Allen,

Thanks again for your kind remarks.
Its good to touch base again. Hope all is going well with you.

Sincerest Regards,
Greg

Old April 8th 09, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Greg Siemon

To put this problem to rest....

You would have encountered this problem when using FireFox and Googles Safe Browsing feature, a service provided for FireFox only. The problem was resolved by moving two htm files, without any change, from a sub folder to the root directory.

Regards,

Greg