Fighting the high cost of flying

Old June 8th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default Fighting the high cost of flying

Buster Hymen wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Mortimer Schnerd, RN writes:

Damned hard to drive to the Bahamas.

Difficult to fly there, too, in a small aircraft. It's a seven-hour
flight non-stop from Buffalo, much of it over water.

Only an imbecile like you would come up with that Anthony. But, since you
don't know **** from shinola about flying, its no wonder you spew out crap.

I wouldn't have known that idiot tried to answer my comment, seeing as how he's
been in my killfile for many moons. All I can do is shake my head, and remember
the many trips I've flown to the Abacos from North Carolina.... almost every one
of them in a single. The aircraft doesn't know what it's flying over.

Of course, maybe his simulator just doesn't have the range.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old June 11th 08, 11:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

total time (door to door) within a smaller radius from home brings a car
ahead in time (and comfort, too: no loading, preflight, security checks
- if any, weather, ...). When there are no more or less direct roads
between you and your destination then flying might still be a good
alternative.

#m

True,

I just made a trip from EHHO to LKOL in my C150, that is about 7 hours
in the air or about 10 door to door. Easily done in one day.
By car the minimum is about 12 hours but that means driving tru the
night to avoid rush hour(s). Normally it is about 14 hours.
So, if the weather is okay I'll take the plane.

-Kees.