8 week trip

Old October 7th 08, 12:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Default 8 week trip

Instead of posting the images here the following link takes you to a lot of
images that you can scroll trhough in thumbnails. The fist 300 odd are from
the recent trip to the US and UK. You know, the Dark side of the world. ;-)

Although it's dark here now so i guess it's the light side (temporarily)
;-)

http://www.warbirdz.net/results.php?...lderton&page=1

Old October 7th 08, 12:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

"Glenn" wrote in message

Instead of posting the images here the following link takes you to a lot
of
images that you can scroll trhough in thumbnails. The fist 300 odd are
from
the recent trip to the US and UK. You know, the Dark side of the world.
;-)

Although it's dark here now so i guess it's the light side (temporarily)
;-)

We should - at this point - define 'dark' as in not the evil or 'bad' side
of the world .....

.....and I did not have sexual relations with that woman....

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old October 7th 08, 12:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

"Glenn" wrote in message

Instead of posting the images here the following link takes you to a lot
of
images that you can scroll trhough in thumbnails. The fist 300 odd are
from
the recent trip to the US and UK. You know, the Dark side of the world.
;-)

Although it's dark here now so i guess it's the light side (temporarily)
;-)

We should - at this point - define 'dark' as in not the evil or 'bad' side
of the world .....

You can say that Dave but those who have nothing better to do will still
argue the point

....and I did not have sexual relations with that woman....

I did ;-)

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old October 7th 08, 05:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

Great series, Glenn,

There are simply not enough superlatives.

You captured some excellent images at Dayton despite the notoriously poor
lighting there. It looks as though you used long exposures; were you allowed
to use a tripod? Also there is a dearth of people in the photos. Usually the
place is teeming with bodies.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Old October 8th 08, 10:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

I was allowed to use a tripod. The people were a problem. But by some clever
planning I managed to minimise them. Secret was to get there as early as I
could the first day and phtoograph the stuff on the ground only. As the
crowd built up I had to wait at some locations a lot longer than I wanted
but in most cases I got no people or very view in the shot. But by the time
I got to the last hall I had next to no chance. So the second day, I got
there very early and went straight to the third hall and had about 30
minutes before the first person walked in. after that, I photographed the
rest of the hanging stuff and managed to get the last bus on the second day
to the X-planes and Presidential display. Still Ineeded an extra day I
think to cover it properly.

Old October 8th 08, 06:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

Darn it Glenn, If Id a known you were gonna be here in Rantoul, I would like
to have met you!! Any way nice shots of the planes in our museum!!

"DAN" wrote in message
Glenn wrote:

Instead of posting the images here the following link takes you to a lot
of
images that you can scroll trhough in thumbnails. The fist 300 odd are
from
the recent trip to the US and UK.

http://www.warbirdz.net/results.php?...lderton&page=1

Glenn,

Thanks for sharing. Many of your pictures are stunningly beautiful, on top
of
your choice of great subjects.

Could you explain how you obtain colors like in this photo?
What kind of postprocessing do you use?

Old October 9th 08, 07:10 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Dallas" wrote in message
Darn it Glenn, If Id a known you were gonna be here in Rantoul, I would
like to have met you!! Any way nice shots of the planes in our museum!!

Sorry, if I had of known, I'd have made an effort :-)

Old October 9th 08, 10:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

Thats ok, The pictures I took there last were the month before your visit.

"Glenn" wrote in message

"Dallas" wrote in message
Darn it Glenn, If Id a known you were gonna be here in Rantoul, I would
like to have met you!! Any way nice shots of the planes in our museum!!

Sorry, if I had of known, I'd have made an effort :-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1635.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	29728
Old October 9th 08, 10:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

And another...

"Glenn" wrote in message

"Dallas" wrote in message
Darn it Glenn, If Id a known you were gonna be here in Rantoul, I would
like to have met you!! Any way nice shots of the planes in our museum!!

Sorry, if I had of known, I'd have made an effort :-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1644.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	29729
Old October 9th 08, 10:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

And another yet...

"Glenn" wrote in message

"Dallas" wrote in message
Darn it Glenn, If Id a known you were gonna be here in Rantoul, I would
like to have met you!! Any way nice shots of the planes in our museum!!

Sorry, if I had of known, I'd have made an effort :-)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1673.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	29730

Cross Country trip last week [email protected] Piloting 4 September 27th 05 04:44 PM
Bad trip StellaStarr Home Built 6 August 31st 05 12:25 AM
Trip from MA to MN William Snow Piloting 19 June 25th 05 01:57 AM
Trip... Denny Piloting 19 March 26th 05 03:34 PM
Trip to Vegas from PAO/SQL Wei-En Tan Piloting 0 April 14th 04 09:21 PM