Incursion statement issued

Old May 27th 05, 09:00 AM
Arketip

John T wrote:

Listen. They *knew* they'd be dealing with the ADIZ. They should have
known what to do when a military aircraft comes alongside on a standard
intercept, yet they continued on essentially a beeline to downtown DC.
*They* were the ones in the wrong here. Not the government crews doing
everything but lasso the plane to get them to alter course.

What would you do when you are intercepted? Start to make turns?

I believe I would keep flying straight and level till I receive orders
from the intercepting aircraft on what to do, being that by radio, hand
signals or whatever.
Old May 27th 05, 12:23 PM
John T

http://www.faa.gov/ATpubs/AIM/Chap5/aim0506.html#5-6-2

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old May 27th 05, 12:37 PM
John T

"George Patterson" wrote in message

There's a fair amount of evidence that they didn't know but won't
admit it.

Sorry, but I'm still not buying it. Even if it turns out he *didn't* know,
my position that he's getting what he deserves is reinforced even more.
What pilot flying the East Coast doesn't know about the DC ADIZ? This isn't
the first time it's made national news and it's certainly made a lot of hay
in the aviation press.

There was a post in the last two days to the effect that
the FAA found a pre-9-11 chart in the aircraft and that the pilots
intended to fly the old VFR exclusion through the class-B.

That doesn't earn any sympathy points from me, either. How many charting
changes do you think have been made since then?

Old May 27th 05, 01:57 PM
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 27 May 2005 07:37:16 -0400, "John T" wrote in
::

There was a post in the last two days to the effect that
the FAA found a pre-9-11 chart in the aircraft and that the pilots
intended to fly the old VFR exclusion through the class-B.

That doesn't earn any sympathy points from me, either.

Agreed. But it does lend credibility to the notion that the PIC of
the Cessna was unaware of the DC ADIZ, and thought the corridor
through Class B was still existent.

Old May 28th 05, 01:26 AM
George Patterson

John T wrote:

That doesn't earn any sympathy points from me, either. How many charting
changes do you think have been made since then?

If you think I have any sympathy for him, you have another think coming.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old May 28th 05, 02:36 AM
John T

If you think I have any sympathy for him, you have another think
coming.

I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Old May 28th 05, 03:42 AM
Matt Barrow

"Sympathy" is a word in the dictionary between "****" and "syphilis".

Old May 28th 05, 01:05 PM
Blueskies

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message ...

Ploink

ANOTHER airspace incursion in D.C.? Jay Honeck Piloting 53 November 17th 03 03:19 PM
Rwy incursions Hankal Piloting 10 November 16th 03 02:33 AM
New Air Force guidance issued for frocking Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 24th 03 12:10 AM
FAA Waiver / Security Statement Ron Natalie Piloting 0 July 24th 03 12:22 AM