Pinckneyville rec.aviation Fly-In photos

Old May 25th 05, 04:03 AM
John Ousterhout

Gene Whitt wrote:
Y'All,
Viewed every picture so long that my wife had to come in and see
if I was still alive. I'm goiing to live lonk enough to make at least one
more visit to Pinckneyville

I look forward to visiting in person again Gene. See you there.

I don't mean to upset your wife, but I just finished version 1.1 by
adding captions and another dozen photos.

http://www.ousterhout.net/fly-in/pv-05.html
click refresh if you don't see photo captions

- John Ousterhout -
Old May 25th 05, 04:14 AM
John Ousterhout

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
In article , John Ammeter says...

On Tue, 24 May 2005 15:19:36 GMT, "Bill Chernoff"
wrote:

Whats the story behind the guy with the bloody cut on his head?

Just the results of the normal first timers initiation...

John

I guess things are getting soft at P'ville.Was nothing like our initiations. My
favorite was potato gun catch and thumb hanging....

See ya

Chuck (P'ville veteran) S RAH-15/1 ret

potato gun catch and thumb hanging are kid stuff.

At our initiation in 1998 we were forced to drink MuzzleLoader. Yes, we
were FORCED. Fortunately I survived, unlike Bob who died. A funeral
service was held. Bob didn't even wake when we put the flowers in his
hands.

http://www.ousterhout.net/fly-in/pv-98/516b012.jpg

After many hours Bob spontaneously came back to life and asked "Did I
miss lunch?"

- John Ousterhout -
Old May 25th 05, 04:19 AM
Robert Chambers

Great pictures, I'd love to have a name-to-face key so I can put some
faces to the characters I only see in the newsgroups.

Gene Whitt wrote:

Y'All,
Viewed every picture so long that my wife had to come in and see
if I was still alive. I'm goiing to live lonk enough to make at least one
more visit to Pinckneyville

Gene Whitt

Old May 25th 05, 05:37 AM
Morgans

"John Ousterhout" wrote

I don't mean to upset your wife, but I just finished version 1.1 by
adding captions and another dozen photos.

http://www.ousterhout.net/fly-in/pv-05.html
click refresh if you don't see photo captions

Good job, John! Thanks.

If only this wasn't when school was almost out, but I understand why it is
when it is...

If someone is headed that way from NC by plane next year, and has room, let
me know.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 25th 05, 07:41 AM
tony roberts

Hi John

Thanks for posting those.
I was booked to come in 2002 - then we had the massive fires that saw
230 homes burned and I had to cancel - my home was the last one standing
- but badly damaged - we're still fixing that damage.
Hopefully I can attend next year - ya couldn't move it a bit west could
you ?

Tony

In article WAske.1432$Is4.813@attbi_s21,
John Ousterhout wrote:

version 1.0 of the 2005 photos is now online at
http://www.ousterhout.net/fly-in/pv-05.html

- J.O.-

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old May 25th 05, 04:08 PM
Jay Honeck

http://www.ousterhout.net/fly-in/pv-05.html
click refresh if you don't see photo captions

Okay, I give up. What the heck is Tina *doing* under that plane?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 25th 05, 04:29 PM
Tina Marie

In article Jx0le.5003$g66.4081@attbi_s71, Jay Honeck wrote:
Okay, I give up. What the heck is Tina *doing* under that plane?

Swapping out the oil quick drain, under the supervision of Michael.

It's an Arrow, and they have to have special quick drains that
won't interfere with the nosegear. The one that was there needed
a special adapter to open, and the adapter didn't come with the plane,
so Morris (it's his Arrow) found a different style.

I was putting it on.

'Course, it could just be that "under the plane, covered in oil"
is my native habitat....

Tina Marie
--
http://www.tripacerdriver.com "...One of the main causes
of the fall of the Roman Empire was that, lacking zero, they had no way
Old May 25th 05, 05:10 PM
Journeyman

In article lWRke.6494$Is4.5269@attbi_s21, John Ousterhout wrote:

adding captions and another dozen photos.

http://www.ousterhout.net/fly-in/pv-05.html
click refresh if you don't see photo captions

Way cool. I'm going to "borrow" a couple of the shots
for my web site, as soon as I get around to putting it
together. Thanks.

Morris
Old May 25th 05, 05:12 PM
Journeyman

In article . net, Gene Whitt wrote:
Y'All,
Viewed every picture so long that my wife had to come in and see
if I was still alive. I'm goiing to live lonk enough to make at least one
more visit to Pinckneyville

This was the first one I could make. I hope to make future ones too.
I'll look forward to meeting you.

Morris
Old May 25th 05, 05:19 PM
Journeyman

In article Jx0le.5003$g66.4081@attbi_s71, Jay Honeck wrote:
http://www.ousterhout.net/fly-in/pv-05.html
click refresh if you don't see photo captions

Okay, I give up. What the heck is Tina *doing* under that plane?

It was just an overly complex oil change. She was putting in a
new quick drain.

Morris (temporarily at a loss for a flippant answer)