Pinckneyville rec.aviation Fly-In photos

Old May 25th 05, 05:58 PM
Journeyman

In article , Dylan Smith wrote:

Nice to see that people are keeping up the tradition of bringing at
least one broken airplane to the fly-in :-)

Hey, there was nothing wrong with it until Tina put her hands on it.
She just made it a little bit better. :-)

Sorry I couldn't be there this year; due to a friend inconvieniently

I hope to meet you at the next one.

Morris
Old May 25th 05, 06:15 PM
Montblack

("Journeyman" wrote)
It was just an overly complex oil change. She was putting in a
new quick drain.

Morris (temporarily at a loss for a flippant answer)

Okay, I give up. What the heck is Tina *doing* under that plane?

Morris' job? :-)

You were at a loss for words - just trying to help. g

Montblack
Old May 25th 05, 06:54 PM
Rich Ahrens

Journeyman wrote:

In article lWRke.6494$Is4.5269@attbi_s21, John Ousterhout wrote:

adding captions and another dozen photos.

http://www.ousterhout.net/fly-in/pv-05.html
click refresh if you don't see photo captions

Way cool. I'm going to "borrow" a couple of the shots
for my web site, as soon as I get around to putting it
together. Thanks.

Just remember they're not all John's photos...
Old May 25th 05, 08:03 PM
Journeyman

In article , Montblack wrote:

Okay, I give up. What the heck is Tina *doing* under that plane?

Morris' job? :-)

She was just showing me how it's done. We had this long conversation
about it and I kept asking what she was torquing about, so she
decided to show me.

As it happens, I was busy safety wiring the oil filter while she was
safety wiring the drain valve. The fact that it took about the same
amount of time to do both says how much more difficult it was to wire
the drain valve.

Morris
Old May 25th 05, 08:10 PM
Journeyman

In article , Rich Ahrens wrote:
click refresh if you don't see photo captions

Way cool. I'm going to "borrow" a couple of the shots
for my web site, as soon as I get around to putting it
together. Thanks.

Just remember they're not all John's photos...

What is this copyright thing that you speak of?

Seriously, I'll give due credit.

I have pictures that use this thing called film.
Once things develop, I'll add to the collection.

Morris
Old May 25th 05, 10:31 PM
Morgans

"Rich Ahrens" wrote

Just remember they're not all John's photos...

What, were some of them yours, that you took with that cheesy thing you call
a camera? vbg
--
Jim in NC

Old May 26th 05, 03:03 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Journeyman wrote:
In article , Dylan Smith wrote:

Nice to see that people are keeping up the tradition of bringing at
least one broken airplane to the fly-in :-)

Hey, there was nothing wrong with it until Tina put her hands on it.
She just made it a little bit better. :-)

Well, in which case it was at least slightly broken :-)

Don't worry, one year someone roofed a Cardinal on the way up to P'ville
when the engine decided that internal combustion was overrated, and
being a windmill was better.
The first year I visited, someone groundlooped a Stearman. We've seen
brakes fail locked *on* on a twin (only on one side of course, just to
make the landing a little more exciting), window catches failing
resulting in an OAT probe going through the fabric, a Mooney that
ejected a cylinder on the way home (but managed to make a forced landing
at an airport). Good job there's always at least a couple of A&Ps at the
fly-in with the number of broken planes that seem to come and go :-)

Of course, if no one brings a broken plane with them, Highflyer has
plenty in his hangar to go around g

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net
Old May 27th 05, 05:26 AM
Jack Allison

Morgans wrote:
Damn, that looks like one hell of a grill! I have competetion!

Yes but I didn't see a pig on a spit...I think you're safe Jim...for now :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old May 27th 05, 12:30 PM
Journeyman

In article , Dylan Smith wrote:

Hey, there was nothing wrong with it until Tina put her hands on it.
She just made it a little bit better. :-)

Well, in which case it was at least slightly broken :-)

By that definition, all planes are at least slightly broken.

Morris