JEPP Chart Users

Old March 24th 04, 02:25 PM
Ross Richardson

Default JEPP Chart Users

I need help. Jepp charts sometimes uses the word (Conditional) on their
charts. For instance, Hot Springs, AR (KHOT) ILS Rwy 5, under the ILS
DA(H) is the (Conditional) word. The government chart does not have
this. What does it mean? I cannot find the definition in the Jepp
introduction. It is also on the RNAV (GPS) Rwy 5, well all the
approaches into HOT.

Ross
Old March 24th 04, 02:48 PM

Ross Richardson wrote:

I need help. Jepp charts sometimes uses the word (Conditional) on their
charts. For instance, Hot Springs, AR (KHOT) ILS Rwy 5, under the ILS
DA(H) is the (Conditional) word. The government chart does not have
this. What does it mean? I cannot find the definition in the Jepp
introduction. It is also on the RNAV (GPS) Rwy 5, well all the
approaches into HOT.

Ross

The DA is conditioned upon receiving the local altimeter setting. You will
see that on the briefing strip whenever there is a part-time remote
altimeter setting. Note the two set of minimums in the minimums section.
It's all intended to keep you from overusing the briefing section to the
exclusion of the full chart.

Old March 26th 04, 02:02 PM
Mark Kolber

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:25:21 -0600, Ross Richardson
wrote:

I need help. Jepp charts sometimes uses the word (Conditional) on their
charts.

I assume you are talking about the "Conditional" that sometimes
appears in the DA or MDA "Briefing Strip" box.

Remember that the "Briefing Strip" is intended as a convenient way to
bring the major numbers to your attention. The DA/MDA box isn't being
enough for multiple DA or MDAs that are dependent on other conditions.
If you look down in the minimums section below, you will see that
there are multiple MDAs or DAs that are dependent on conditions such
as step-down fixes for nonprecision approaches or alternate DAs based
on which altimeter setting you get.

The "Conditional;" in the Briefing Strip is giving you the "best"
number but alerting you to the fact that your using it is based on
certain conditions that appear below. It's an invitation to read.

It's not defined berceuse it's English.

Old March 27th 04, 08:22 PM
Mark Kolber

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:42:23 -0800, wrote:

Didn't I see the same thing?

Our messages passed in the night.
Old March 29th 04, 10:58 PM
Ross Richardson

I do apologize for not thanking you all. That is what I thought the
answer was but I could not confirm. I am reluctant to go out to the
group alot due to spam and someone capturing my e-mail address. I go in
and change it, but then I forget to change back and have other problems.
I recently had to change my address because I was getting over 200
e-mails a day in spam.

Ross

wrote:

Didn't I see the same thing?

Our messages passed in the night.

More significantly, Ross never thanked us. Maybe it was because our
messages weren't in the briefing strip? ;-)