Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Old May 15th 17, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Our capital improvement plan covers a 5 year period and includes new hangars. We have the money and the owners support. A contractor has been found but permitting in the Green Swamp Conservation area is difficult. Still, we are proceeding forward. We finished a drainage project before the Seniors which corrected a serious flooding problem. Thank you for checking up on us. Please let us know when your ready to lease a hangar.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring
Old May 15th 17, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thank you for the update.

Well after an entire year you have not even been successful with even a permit, then it won't happen anytime soon at that rate!!!

I won't get my hopes up at all.

What else is included in your "5 year plan"?

Old May 16th 17, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KEN

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 5:00:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Thank you for the update.

Well after an entire year you have not even been successful with even a permit, then it won't happen anytime soon at that rate!!!

I won't get my hopes up at all.

What else is included in your "5 year plan"?

Well ASw20 if your are really!!! looking for a hangar for rent at SLGP I have one to rent. But my guess is that you are just a provocateur so I wont get my hopes up.
Old May 16th 17, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]

Well ASW-20, please contact me at or 407-325-6500 and I can give you our goals.

Best Regards,
Rich Owen
Old May 16th 17, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner

Asw20 is Sean
Old May 16th 17, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:29:45 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
Asw20 is Sean

What a jerk! Asw20 that is. Get a life.
Old May 16th 17, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 07:20:44 UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:29:45 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
Asw20 is Sean

What a jerk! Asw20 that is. Get a life.

For those of us that fly at Seminole, and I am a Canadian snowbird who has been doing so for the past 15 winters, the operation is a jewel. And Rich, who was a client and a member of the enviable DG syndicate, has taken on the management in a very unselfish and club-like culture fashion, and he too is a jewel.

If you don't know the operation, I suggest you visit next winter and discover it yourself. If you do know the operation, your comments surprise, puzzle and offend me. I don't know any of the locals who would disagree with the above.
Old May 18th 17, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:01:38 AM UTC-5, Rich Owen wrote:

Our capital improvement plan covers a 5 year period and includes new hangars. We have the money and the owners support. A contractor has been found but permitting in the Green Swamp Conservation area is difficult. Still, we are proceeding forward. We finished a drainage project before the Seniors which corrected a serious flooding problem. Thank you for checking up on us. Please let us know when your ready to lease a hangar.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring

Instead of bashing anyone, I'll take this opportunity to confirm: Seminole is a wonderful place! My logbook shows I first visited there in Dec. 2005 and have been quite a regular visitor/consumer since, including last February. My beloved place to go and soar between December and March, with temperatures reaching the 80s while being down to the 20s and lower in Midwest. Friendly crew and visiting pilots, palm trees, oranges, silence or cicadas (or whatever makes that noise at night) etc., etc. Unforgettable memories.
Old May 18th 17, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Forgot to add: Rich, please sign me up for short-term rentals of the new hangar space, once it's built. Also, I'd love to see more T-Hangars available for those few days visits to keep the assembled glider protected from the weather.

Old May 18th 17, 11:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 10:31:56 PM UTC-4, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Forgot to add: Rich, please sign me up for short-term rentals of the new hangar space, once it's built. Also, I'd love to see more T-Hangars available for those few days visits to keep the assembled glider protected from the weather.

Yes, more hangar space so we can keep our gliders there for winter.

Andrzej