Landing a C5 Galaxy in Central Park

Old November 14th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.movies,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default Landing a C5 Galaxy in Central Park

Ok, it's a C5X and is radically different from the C5 Gal from the 60s.
This is a stretched version of the C5 with X modified Pratt high bypass
turbofans having a very low sound signature(hear the fan and first
stage low pressure compressor screaming in the video of the old C5?
Sounds like a buzz saw flying around) and tons of thrust.

Also, the plane is totally composite except for primary load
structures and it has radar cloaking capability making it a truly ghost
transport. Which comes in handy when those American and Russian
military platforms in orbit lock on the C5Xs when they approach the
Hudson Bay area.

Secondly, the story is shaping up like "Top Gun" with C5 transports.
There are two of them that lift off for NYC from Dover or Macguire. The
Tom Cruise character responds to the WTC attack instantly after hearing
that there is no rotocraft activity allowed in the area and figures its
an "Agency" hit and those people stuck in the towers are to be
sacrificed. His buddy then finds out why Maverick took off in such a
hurry and then decides to join him because of the dangerousness of the
"bootleg" mission while complaining that he hates fighting spooks__a
crewman questions "but sir, aren't we the spooks?" As they re-board the
C5X his pet Pilgrim goose "Demelza" in the flight suit with the "T
Tail" waddles away. Jumping back on the tarmac he chases the bird and
orders her into the plane. Eleven years of Black Op missions and this
flight scares her? He picks up the goose and re-enters the plane.

The engines of the second C5X spool up and the giant aircraft rolls
down the runway when they number 4 starboard engine encounters "spook
hits" that weaken the atomic bonds in the first stage high pressure
power turbine blades, the blades fail catastrophically resulting in a
huge explosion and only three engines for takeoff. Way too heavy with
the "Spook Chinook" in the belly the flight engineer starts dumping
fuel. As they approach V1 the runway is disappearing fast___

And, if you want to know the rest, as the saying goes, buy the rights.

And, since my IBM StinkPad was stolen from beneath my fingers about two
weeks ago(Crack-Head Zombies put the Voo-Doo on me) I bid on another
junk machine on Ebay. This time it's an old Dell Inspiron clicking over
at a slow .4g but fast enough for simple jscript designing and simple
gfx.

What about that scandal page based on my true story as a human pawn
employed at NASA-Lewis Research Center for the US Army Propulsion
Directorate(US Army Aviation System Command). Who knew the Army office
was CIA and I was set-up in a "spook trap" with imposter Army
employees?

www.mansueact.com/mansue.com/scandal.html

Anyway, maybe I can get some initial funding to work on the rest of the
script. And, I'll probably need an Army of Aviation experts and
Scientists to get the script consistent with what we are dealing
with__"Alien Spooks".

Maybe I should call some of the major Hollywood actor production
companies? Mel Gibson and Icon Productions, George Clooney and Mayville
Pictures, Tom Cruise and C/W Productions, Nicholas Cage and Saturn
Films, Alec Baldwin and El Dorado Pictures, Emilio Estevez and Estevez
Productions, Pierce Brosnan and Irish Dreamtime, Will Smith and
Overbrook Entertainment, or maybe a woman flight commander makes the
decision to fight the "Agency" and save the people and the WTC? Jodie
Foster and Egg Pictures, Demi Moore and Moving Pictures.

But, since the "Agency" controls the entertainment industry, porno
industry, and news media and all the major actors work for the "Agency"
and receive tons of free money for what they define as work___they are
not going to be interested in this type of movie concept.

From the Mickey Mouse city of Orlando where Mickey was beamed upstairs

and now walks around the city dressed as Minnie while shouting "don't
touch me",

Wayne E. Manzo,
Publisher, TV Producer, Human Rights Leader
www.mansueact.com

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
On 12 Nov 2006 18:00:11 -0800, "WaltBJ"
wrote:

If you can find a copy of "Check Six" you can read Boots' elucidation
of the MGM Grand fire. ISTR they were on the 25th floor. Boots was his
usual cool self, but I was really impressed by his lady's actions. She
just said something like 'Tell em what to do-" he did, and she did it!
Just think about stepping off the balcony 25 stories up. She'd do to
ride the river with! For short landings - I used to have a videotape of
a 727 doing a maximum performance short field landing. The aircraft was
stopped in less than 1400 feet of ground roll. The 727 is a little
unique in that it came from the factory with nose wheel brakes, but
they won't engage unless braking effort exceeds something like at least
80% of maximum. Alas, the tape was left with the college when I
retired.
Walt BJ

I experienced a short-field landing in a 727 back in '92. Was on my
way to my honeymoon in the Bristish West Indies. The pilot had the
thrust reversers in motion just before he planted the mains on the
asphalt and then he stood on the brakes big time.

If we hadn't been strapped in, we'd have been pulled out of the
seats..

Old November 14th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.movies,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.rotorcraft

If you don't believe that a C5 Galaxy can swallow a CH47 Super Chinook
take a look at this photograph:

http://www.chinook-helicopter.com/hi...103_C-17_a.jpg

From Orlando,

Wayne E. Manzo,
Publisher

wrote:
[...]

From the Mickey Mouse city of Orlando where Mickey was beamed upstairs

Old November 15th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.movies,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Ancient_Hacker

Here's a few freebie plot points to perk up your story:

Have the C5A let out a grappling hook, swoop down over the DuPont
factory, and grab a 100 ton roll of Nomex, the 10 yard wide roll kind.

Have the C5A do tight circles around the WTC and wrap the nomex around
one building, snuffing out the fires, then circle the other way and
wrap the other tower.

I'll settle for 2% of the boxoffice gross, or $1, whichever is greater.

Old November 29th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,alt.movies,rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.rotorcraft
BigBadBrad

It was conceived for an attempt at the Iran hostage rescue mission of the
later 70's.. If memory serves, the plan was to land inside a soccer stadium,
and then JATO out after the recovery of the hostages...The test video is
something to see...

"jeremy" wrote in message
So far as I know, no one has
ever attempted "for real" to use the C-5 as an assault
transport.

I here of some bozo who had the bright idea of reversing the JATO
mountings from a c-130 to shorten the run out. Had to swap out both inners
due to "pitting". What really happened is that every rock under 5 lbs was
tossed forward and a good number tried to negotiate the intakes under full
reverse thrust. It did cut the landing from 1,500 meters to about 1,000
but I think the necessity for flying in two engine replacements and doing
the change out in less than ideal conditions prevented a repeat
performance.