A GA pilot in the White House

Old January 28th 04, 07:54 PM
John Harlow

More importantly, what would they call the flight? "Civil One"?

"Kerry Ferry"

Old January 28th 04, 08:04 PM
Larry Fransson

On 2004-01-28 12:00:48 -0800, Tom Fleischman
said:

I have a notion that if we can get that beady-eyed moron out of the
White House....

Warren Christopher hasn't been in the White House in quite some time now.

--
Larry Fransson
Seattle, WA
Old January 28th 04, 08:11 PM
C J Campbell

"Tom Fleischman" wrote in message
rthlink.net...
| I have a notion that if we can get that beady-eyed moron out of the
| White House a lot of the paranoid nonsense that we as pilots have had
| to endure over the past three years will go with him.

If there were some evidence to support that notion, I would agree. However,
there is none and in fact there is some evidence that it would get worse.

Old January 28th 04, 10:06 PM
Roger Tracy

I wouldn't want to be President. Flying or no flying.

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
.net...
Recently, C J Campbell posted:

"Roger Long" om
wrote in message ...
Would they let him fly or would the TFR's keep him grounded?

I doubt very much the Secret Service would allow him to fly himself.

That would wreak havoc on his currency. Perhaps that will give him cause
for pause? 8-)

Who here would give up flying for 4 years to be president?

Neil (putting hand down sharply)

Old January 28th 04, 10:22 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Tom Fleischman wrote:

I have a notion that if we can get that beady-eyed moron out of the
White House a lot of the paranoid nonsense that we as pilots have had
to endure over the past three years will go with him.

I don't think so. The mail I get from the Democratic party pretty much states
that they don't think Bush has restricted us enough. They propose that "stricter
security measures" are necessary.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 28th 04, 10:48 PM
Cub Driver

Well .. since the Presidential TFR follows him .. he'd always be right in
the center of it and unable to fly.

I have a wonderful image of the president desperately trying to outrun
his or her TFR.

But of course it's not true. Bush took the controls on the famous
(infamous, if you prefer) day that he flew out to the aircraft
carrier. Any plane that the Secret Service could be persuaded was
safe, and that a president was qualified to fly, could be piloted by
him or her till the fuel got low.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old January 28th 04, 10:50 PM
Cub Driver

It might not be technically proper, but they probably would call it "Air
Force One" out of habit.

White House One has a nice ring to it.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old January 28th 04, 10:52 PM
Cub Driver

Imagine trying to cram the
Secret Service detail, "the football," and everything else that goes with
President aboard a typical GA plane.

How did they manage when Bush flew out to Lincoln? There was no Secret
Service detail in the S-3B.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old January 28th 04, 10:54 PM
Cub Driver

No, once you become President, you can forget about doing a lot of things
that most people take for granted.

Ford went skiing at Vail. Arguably that's more dangerous than flying.
I've met three paraplegics in my life, and two of them were injured at
Aspen, one on Ajax and the other in a swimming pool.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old January 28th 04, 10:54 PM
Cub Driver

I highly recommend Forte Agent as a newsreader. It handles newsgroup
messages far better than any "included" newsreader such as those
bundled with Internet Explorer, Outlook, Netscape, or Opera--all of
which I have tried.

Download the software at www.forteinc.com/agent/download.php

The program includes the latest version of Agent as well as its
freeware version, called Free Agent. This enables you to get the feel
of the software without paying up front.

However, where Agent really shines is in its ability to filter out
objectional subjects or posters: Control+K and you're done! It was to
get that functionality that I upgraded to the paid version a year ago,
and I have never regretted it. The cost to register the software (and
thereby to unlock the full-featured version on your computer) is $29.

(A major revison is in the works. However, if you register the current
version, the upgrade will be free.)

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at