AOA - Aviation Oil Analysis Results Missing?

Old September 26th 03, 02:22 PM
George Sconyers

Default AOA - Aviation Oil Analysis Results Missing?

Has anyone had trouble with getting the results back reliably from oil
analysis samples they have been sending in to AOA? I do analysis every time
I change my oil but my sample has just been "lost" for the 3rd time in 4
years (lost twice in the last 2 years). At about a 70% success rate on
getting the results back, I am starting to wonder if the post office is
suspicious of the appearance of the samples since 9/11 or if something else
is happening after I mail them to AOA. Any similar experiences anyone else
is having or any ideas as to why this is happening is much appreciated.

Thanks,

George

Old September 26th 03, 04:46 PM
Mark T. Mueller

Try Blackstone Labs. They took over Howard Fenton's customers when he
retired, and he still consults with Blackstone on "troubled" reports.

Never had a problem with their service, and they provide VERY nice sample
bottles and plastic mailer tubes.

Mark
Tiger N1533R

ink.net...

Old September 26th 03, 05:17 PM
mikem

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:22:30 GMT, "George Sconyers"
wrote:

I am starting to wonder if the post office is
suspicious of the appearance of the samples since 9/11 or if something else
is happening after I mail them to AOA.

I had a flap with a "busybody" at my local post office. She thought
that handling used motor oil was akin to handling hazardous substances
and we had to go to her supervisor to resolve the issue. Ever since, I
mail my samples at a differnt PO.

MikeM
Skylane '1MM
Pacer '00Z

Old September 27th 03, 05:27 AM
Maule Driver

Hmmmm. I have had 100% performance over 6 years.

I mail in an Airborne envelope. I have never mailed the plastic AOA
container alone. Is t hat how you mail it?

Old September 27th 03, 11:29 AM
KRead

Yes, I have lost 2 samples over 3 years since my company "Wear Check" went
to the bottle only version for mailing. Before that I used to put the
bottle in a small box, never lost a one back then. Now I put the bottle in
an envelope with bubble wrap on the inside, so far so good.

Ken