2CSI engine vs Rotax

Old July 16th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
chuck

Default 2CSI engine vs Rotax

Anybody have any opinions as to the various strengths and weaknesses of
each?

Old July 17th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:15:09 -0500, "chuck"
wrote:

Anybody have any opinions as to the various strengths and weaknesses of
each?

You mean 2si? Formerly Cayuna?

You're joking, I hope. The 2SI is legendary - and not in any sort of
GOOD way!!

Old July 17th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
chuck

I guess what you're saying is that it is worthless, huh? Too bad.
I was looking to buy a Challenger with the 70 H.P. version.

.. .

Old July 19th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

Whether it is good or not won't make a difference if you can't find parts...

They are now concentrating on their defense contracts making multifuel
utility engines.

Old July 20th 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

chuck wrote:
I guess what you're saying is that it is worthless, huh? Too bad.
I was looking to buy a Challenger with the 70 H.P. version.

I have had a lot of experience with the 690L70. It made terrific low
and mid range power and was fuel efficient. It drastically out
performed anything rated close to 70 hp. All their water cooled engines
have lots of common parts whether they are labelled aircraft related or
not.
I had a number of issues with the ignition system. It by nature
needs a high cranking speed to start. It cannot be rope cranked.
If that were fixed I would use nothing else. It made about 55-60 hp
at 4500 rpm. I still have mine.

Old September 17th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
wesley marceaux

I noticed you did not say you were still flying behind yours..keeping one
in the closet and on an airplane is different.have lots of useless junk in
my closet too.
wrote in message
oups.com...

chuck wrote:
[...]

news On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 15:15:09 -0500, "chuck"

Old September 18th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

wesley marceaux wrote:
I noticed you did not say you were still flying behind yours..keeping one
in the closet and on an airplane is different.have lots of useless junk in
my closet too.

I used it in a hovercraft. I mainly race them these days and needing
a heavy battery on board is very bad in that context.

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

Anybody have any opinions as to the various strengths and weaknesses
of
each?

You mean 2si? Formerly Cayuna?

You're joking, I hope. The 2SI is legendary - and not in any sort of
GOOD way!!

ROP masking of engine problems Roger Long Owning 4 September 27th 04 07:36 PM
Engines and Reliability Dylan Smith Piloting 13 June 30th 04 03:27 PM
Emergency Procedures RD Piloting 13 April 11th 04 08:25 PM
What if the germans... Charles Gray Military Aviation 119 January 26th 04 11:20 PM