PC problems after video of RPG shooter getting shot

Old June 19th 04, 11:44 AM
tscottme

Default PC problems after video of RPG shooter getting shot

Anyone else have their PC behave strangely after watching the video clip of
the RPG shooter being dispatched?

Both my PC and someone I sent the original link to are having problems. My
PC won't boot properly and his PC is restarting.

My antivirus didn't notice any problem.

Scott

Old June 19th 04, 12:05 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

tscottme wrote:
Anyone else have their PC behave strangely after watching the video clip of
the RPG shooter being dispatched?

Both my PC and someone I sent the original link to are having problems. My
PC won't boot properly and his PC is restarting.

My antivirus didn't notice any problem.

No problems here... must be coincidence.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

http://www.mortimerschnerd.com

Old June 19th 04, 12:17 PM
tscottme

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote in message
tscottme wrote:
Anyone else have their PC behave strangely after watching the video clip

of
the RPG shooter being dispatched?

Both my PC and someone I sent the original link to are having problems.

My
PC won't boot properly and his PC is restarting.

My antivirus didn't notice any problem.

No problems here... must be coincidence.

Thanks for the reply.

To be clear, both of our problems only started after watching the video and
then after the PC was rebooted. No problems were apparent before the
reboot.

All of my data seems to be intact. It appears to be a corruption of a
Windows file, not sure which one. There are less surprising things than
that Windows went T.U.

Scott

Old June 19th 04, 01:23 PM
Gunnar

"tscottme" skrev i melding

tscottme wrote:
[...]

I have seen explorer.exe crash after it tries to preview a corrupt
mediafile. Try to delete the video...

All the best
Gunnar

Old June 19th 04, 01:52 PM
Nuk

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 05:44:45 -0500, "tscottme"
wrote:

Anyone else have their PC behave strangely after watching the video clip of
the RPG shooter being dispatched?

Both my PC and someone I sent the original link to are having problems. My
PC won't boot properly and his PC is restarting.

My antivirus didn't notice any problem.

Scott

Did you notice if Media Player had to download a Codec first (before
you could view it)? Maybe that affected it?

Old June 19th 04, 03:55 PM
The Enlightenment

tscottme wrote:
[...]

Do a 'scandisk' surface scan in DOS mode. You probably have lost
cluseters. Surface scan will find them, probably succede in relinking
them. Make a note of what was damaged.

Scott

Old June 19th 04, 07:30 PM
John Mullen

tscottme wrote:
Anyone else have their PC behave strangely after watching the video

clip
of
the RPG shooter being dispatched?

Both my PC and someone I sent the original link to are having

problems.
My
PC won't boot properly and his PC is restarting.

My antivirus didn't notice any problem.

No problems here... must be coincidence.

Thanks for the reply.

To be clear, both of our problems only started after watching the video

and
then after the PC was rebooted. No problems were apparent before the
reboot.

All of my data seems to be intact. It appears to be a corruption of a
Windows file, not sure which one. There are less surprising things than
that Windows went T.U.

I had no problems after viewing and rebooting. Which version of Media Player
are you using?

John

Old June 20th 04, 12:16 AM
Joe Blow

"tscottme" wrote in message
news
Anyone else have their PC behave strangely after watching the video clip

of
the RPG shooter being dispatched?

Both my PC and someone I sent the original link to are having problems.

My
PC won't boot properly and his PC is restarting.

My antivirus didn't notice any problem.

Scott

Could you elaborate on "PC won't boot properly".

Old June 20th 04, 01:14 AM
tscottme

Joe Blow wrote in message

Could you elaborate on "PC won't boot properly".

PC gets gets as far as the desktop's color but before the desktop icons show
up. The I get "invalid page fault in explorer.exe"

Old June 20th 04, 01:54 AM
tscottme

The Enlightenment wrote in message

Do a 'scandisk' surface scan in DOS mode. You probably have lost
cluseters. Surface scan will find them, probably succede in relinking
them. Make a note of what was damaged.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Scandisk surface scan keeps finding an "illegal long filename" that it
cannot repair.

When I've attempted to reinstall Win98SE the error that Scandisk finds
prevents Setup from completing.

Thanks for your suggestions

Scott

B-17s Debut, RAF Wellingtons Bomb & Fighters Sweep at Zeno's Video Drive-In zeno Instrument Flight Rules 0 October 30th 04 06:20 PM
turbo video Peter Holm Aerobatics 13 September 29th 04 11:31 PM
Aviation Video: Another F-16 bites the dust Iwan Bogels Instrument Flight Rules 0 September 21st 04 07:02 AM
In-Flight Video Ron Wanttaja Home Built 11 May 16th 04 06:11 AM
Why is Melissa Morrison the *STAR* of the video... X98 Military Aviation 1 March 20th 04 07:39 PM