Is Falcon 5.0 in development?

Old July 7th 03, 11:45 AM
Radeon350

Default Is Falcon 5.0 in development?

would really like to know ^__^

when Falcon 4.0 was in development, 3D acceleration was new. when
Falcon 4.0 came out (late 1998 iirc) 3D cards were in their 3rd or 4th
generation, but it was still pre-T&L days, before the GeForce256
(GF1), so geometry and lighting in hardware was not at the consumer
level yet.

I would like to see what can be done on DX9 cards, with DX8 being the
default minimum. think of how incredible Falcon 5.0 could be on ATI's
R350 and Nvidia's NV35.

probably though, by the time Falcon 5.0 ships, if it does at all, the
R500 and NV50 cards will be out

Old July 8th 03, 03:57 PM
Vern Pellerin

Chris Simpson wrote in news:3F09A246.8010200
@yahoo.com:

It was, I am not sure if is's now....

Nobody knows. We're all waiting for G2I to tell us if Falcon5 is still in
the works or dead as a door-nail.
Old July 12th 03, 04:02 AM
Jeff Hunt

The beans were spilled a long time ago, but no one wanted to believe it.

It's dead, Jim. I am just a doctor, not a dilithium crystal jeweler!

Jeff

"Peter Parker" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:46:43 -0400, "Gary Cooper"
wrote:

Oh, lots of folks know.

-moggy

Then spill the beans!

Old July 12th 03, 03:08 PM
Gary Cooper

Then spill the beans!

There's no great mystery. A dozen or so people all got together
from about Mid-March to Mid-June last year. The promised
development money was not forth-coming, and G2I ceased to
exist apart from name only.

-moggy

Old July 14th 03, 02:11 PM
Gary Cooper

There's no great mystery. A dozen or so people all got together
from about Mid-March to Mid-June last year. The promised
development money was not forth-coming, and G2I ceased to
exist apart from name only.

Yea, we all know that already. But not long ago they said they were
going to make an announcement regarding plans for F5 then they said
they can't make that announcement just now. That's the bit I'm
wondering about and not last years news. They still have a website up
so they must have some sort of plan going. Maybe you don't know as
much as you think you do.

There were a lot of "imminent announcements" last year about when
we'd be getting paid, too.

Believe what you want, but that website is all that's left of G2i. There
is no "they", there's only "him".

I've got the only product G2i ever released, an OIR Tshirt. If you
want it, it's yours (I'll even throw in my business card) for the low low
price of $15,000 - that's about the amount I'm in the hole from the whole
fiasco.

Gary "moggy" Cooper
Ex-Executive Producer
Force 12 Studios of G2 Interactive

Old July 19th 03, 04:02 AM
Overkill

"Gary Cooper" wrote in message ...
Ouch, sorry, didn't know you were on the team.

np, I knew you didn't. I've also seen the conjecture for
the past year, most of it uninformed.

I do need to amend my previous post, though - just got
a bill from the apartment complex in Denver where I had
to break my lease. My cost for the G2i endeavor is now
roughly $20k.

-moggy

I thought the fact that F5 would be a complete new codebase was pretty
well known. I think Snacko over at Frugal's World stated as much some
two years ago. Anyhow, I am really disappointed for you guys the dev
team and simmers who really wanted a updated Falcon. G2I is still
spitting out rumors of a beta test of something. It could be OIR but
who knows and how did Claude even develop something?

Gary,

Do you know how long G2I has the licensing rights? How long until
perhaps another team can lobby Atari for new licensing rights?
Old July 21st 03, 03:21 AM
Gary Cooper

Gary,

Do you know how long G2I has the licensing rights? How long until
perhaps another team can lobby Atari for new licensing rights?

No idea, sorry. Never read the contract

-moggy

"Pentagon axes development of Comanche helicopter" Mike Rotorcraft 33 March 27th 04 05:34 PM
AF unveils force development plan Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 October 11th 03 04:55 AM
Falcon XP jgarner Home Built 0 September 24th 03 06:55 PM
Tango One Open House at KFFZ (Falcon Field, Mesa, AZ) Tango One Aviation KFFZ Owning 0 August 1st 03 10:51 PM
Tango One Open House at KFFZ (Falcon Field, Mesa, AZ) Tango One Aviation KFFZ General Aviation 0 August 1st 03 10:42 PM