Don't fly to Mexico

Old April 17th 08, 08:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

Default Don't fly to Mexico

On 2008-04-17 06:11:05 -0700, Larry Dighera said:

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:31:01 -0700, C J Campbell
wrote in
2008041621310116807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom:

On 2008-04-16 19:56:26 -0700, "Jay Honeck"
said:

The people in Mexico
are very friendly and you can walk the streets without having to worry
as much as in the US.

Ahem. Maybe where YOU live, Robert, but not where I do.

America still exists in the heartland. There really are still places
where we don't lock our doors, and where we can walk downtown at 3 AM
without concern.

What's downtown? Our nearest 'town' has a population of 700. We live 10
miles from there. Where I live you don't go out at 3 AM for the same
reason David Crockett didn't go out at 3 AM. Bears. There is a bear
that lives in my back yard. Most of the 'neighbors' have at least one
or two, also.

Got to admit, though, those bears do keep the bad boys away. :-)

The deer are kind of bad-tempered as well. And I wouldn't get too close
to our beach late at night, either. There are things out there that eat
orcas. There was a killer whale that was nearly killed by a 14 foot
giant octopus not far from here. It took three other orcas nearly ten
minutes to knock it off their pod-mate. The octopus was sitting on her
blow hole and she couldn't breathe. Whole crowd watched it.

My front lawn is frequently visited by a bald eagle with a 10'
wingspan. That is 1/4 the size of a Cessna. She was sitting on a log
out there not long ago. The log was 18 inches in diameter, and her
talons went around it like a sparrow's feet on a twig. I wouldn't want
to irritate her, either. I once saw her and her mate gang up on a
yearling seal and kill it in a matter of seconds. Then they and their
young ones took turns flying CAP while the rest ate it.

Even our moles are scary.

Our coons and bats are all rabid.

We don't get a lot of houses burgled around here. In fact, the most
exciting thing that has happened in months around here was a couple
days ago when someone got confused and drove their car through the wall
of the post office. Nearly caused the whole building to collapse.

The biggest theft we have seen around here in years was a couple
chipmunks raided our bird feeder yesterday. I hear those chipmunks can
be pretty dangerous, too.

And the pig....

Incredible! Thanks for the giggle.

See, Obama has us all wrong. There is so much more to life than guns and
religion out here. We also have fishing, ATVing, boating, and logging old
growth forest. (Earth First! We'll log the rest later!) Some of us even do
a little whaling on the sly. If we need cash, we just whip up a batch of
crack cocaine or a little meth and sell it to the bleeding heart liberals
in town.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Your funny, I cling to guns... and airplanes!!! hahahaha....
http://www.ferrypilotservice.com/100RD_AK.jpg

Old April 17th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Apr 16, 4:42 pm, "NW_Pilot" service(Spam)@aircraft"nospam"-me-
ok-"spamer"delivery.net wrote:
"Robert M. Gary" wrote in

I like flying in Mexico, simple just costs money.... 206's and 210 are
very
popular for drug running every time I been there in one it's been look at
closer then a 182 or 172. I get to push the button on the stop light
hahaha
now that a random security screening.

Interesting that there is always an old guy who appears deaf sitting
right next to the light. I always travel with the kids and I've
never gotten a red light. In fact, I can't remember even being asked
to press the button in the last 3 years.

-robert

Yea, I have only gotten the light twice.

Old April 17th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"NW_Pilot" wrote
Yea, I have only gotten the light twice.

What is this light you keep talking about?
--
Jim in NC
Old April 18th 08, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Not likely. The story I hear from friends that live in Mulege is that
these guys were in town and got into some trouble. The airplane taking
off just happened to be a convient chance they stumbled upon. It
wasn't like they were waiting for the plane. The plane fired up,
probably sat for awhile after firing up, then made the 10 minute long
slow taxi down to the end of the runway, turned around, did all its
runup etc, *then* these guys showed up. They probably had time to take
a shower before running up to the plane.

I'm not sure if I buy the "random theft" story. First of all, what are the
chances that some random troublemaker in town is going to know how to fly a
206? Second, I recall that Mulege is usually very well attended by well
armed (M-16, H&K) military types.

Corruption being what it is in Mexico, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to
believe that a cartel in need of a cargo hauler paid the military boys to
look the other way for a few moments.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)

Old April 18th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 17, 5:27*pm, "JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote:

* I'm not sure if I buy the "random theft" story. *First of all, what are the
chances that some random troublemaker in town is going to know how to fly a
206? *Second, I recall that Mulege is usually very well attended by well
armed (M-16, H&K) military types. * *

The military left 2 years ago. However, after this incident, the gov't
has commited to having a full time military base on the field. Mulege
is a very small town (probably 30% Americans) and the locals are still
coming to grips with what happened.

-Robert
Old April 18th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 16, 9:30*am, wrote:
http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/s...8-mexico_plane...

Flying to Mexico can't be worth the risk...

Interesting article by the BBP...
http://www.bajabushpilots.com/pdf/Aircraft%20taken.pdf
Its interesting to note that there were many more Americans assulted
in Phoenix than in all of Mexico (I'm sure there are more Americans in
Mexico than Pheonix). In anycase, the military is commited to having
a full time military base on the field as a result of this.
If you got robbed in the park would the US military offer to build a
base to protect the park?

-Robert
Old April 18th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

"BT" wrote in message

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
m...

Why do you suppose they prefer Cessna 200 series over low-wing planes?

Beats me. I'm not a drug runner.

To clear the scrub brush and high berms on the sides of the dirt roads
they land on.

Another advantage of high-wing planes over low-wing planes.

Old April 18th 08, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 17, 2:08*pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"NW_Pilot" *wrote

Yea, I have only gotten the light twice.

What is this light you keep talking about?

Sorry, you gotta go there to find out. You'll thank me for it later.

-Robert
Old April 18th 08, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 18, 9:50*am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
On Apr 16, 9:30*am, wrote:

http://www.ktvb.com/news/localnews/s...8-mexico_plane...

Flying to Mexico can't be worth the risk...

Interesting article by the BBP...http://www.bajabushpilots.com/pdf/Aircraft%20taken.pdf
Its interesting to note that there were many more Americans assulted
in Phoenix than in all of Mexico (I'm sure there are more Americans in
Mexico than Pheonix). *In anycase, the military is commited to having
a full time military base on the field as a result of this.
If you got robbed in the park would the US military offer to build a
base to protect the park?

-Robert

Robert,

I see that you are trying to make up for the lack of quality in your
postings with quantity... nice try!
Old April 18th 08, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Dohm

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Apr 17, 2:08 pm, "Morgans" wrote:
"NW_Pilot" wrote

Yea, I have only gotten the light twice.

What is this light you keep talking about?

Sorry, you gotta go there to find out. You'll thank me for it later.

-Robert

But, but, but, ... I wanna know too...

Peter
(So, what in blazes is it, already?)

Mexico Al Eddie Soaring 3 September 7th 06 12:02 AM
Mexico Border TFR No that bad Gig 601XL Builder Piloting 45 June 30th 06 04:22 PM
METAR from Mexico Przemek Piloting 2 October 21st 05 02:45 AM
Flying to and in Mexico Birdbrain13 Home Built 4 August 26th 05 04:31 PM
Soaring in Mexico? John Shelton Soaring 1 January 31st 04 08:11 PM