Whats for Lunch?

Old January 6th 05, 07:15 PM
Cloudy

culverflyer wrote:
What are X/C Pilots taking along for lunch on the there long flights?

3 litres of water
several muesli bars
glucose tablets
non-melting sweeties

At a cross country lecture somebody once recommended water mixed with
apple juice and a bit of salt. I don't like the sticky stuff in my
camelbak, so it's just water, loads of.

Cloudy
Old January 6th 05, 07:52 PM
Stewart Kissel

Salt and salt-tablets are a way-old wive's tale...with
our modern diets, most everyone has way to much salt
intake.

I bet I am not the only one who remembers having the
coach tell us to take salt-tablets...while 'toughening'
us up during practice by not drinking water

Old January 7th 05, 11:56 PM
Mark James Boyd

culverflyer wrote:
What are X/C Pilots taking along for lunch on
the there long flights?

Camelback full of water
Four cold liter bottles of water
Two bags of trail mix
Four "slim Jims"
Bag of beef jerky
2 small packages of oreos

Say, I should start bringing candies and
sandwiches...that sounds better
--

------------+
Mark J. Boyd
Old January 8th 05, 12:05 AM
Bob K.

What are X/C Pilots taking along for[i]
lunch on the ther[] long flights?

Two one-quart bottles of water. Two granola bars.

Old January 8th 05, 12:23 AM
Mark James Boyd

In article . com,
Bob K. wrote:[i]
What are X/C Pilots taking along for
lunch on the ther[] long flights?

Two one-quart bottles of water. Two granola bars.

Bob,

You sound like you're going minimalist like
I used to.
Maybe I'll send you some cookies

--

------------+
Mark J. Boyd
Old January 9th 05, 07:25 PM
Go

I always eat a sandwich and drink a pint (of water you blokes!) on the
flight line before launch.

Two camelbacks, one on each side, one with 50% ice (yanks like it cold
you know), with the tube velcro attached to the side rail. Sat on a
tube one time too many. Besides a wet backside you can't get at it to
drink in my ship! Nice to know where the tube is every time. Hardly
ever use the 2nd camelback at all but it is nice to know it is there
whatever happens.

Energy bars, no chocolate ones as they melt, remelt, and get really
nasty. Like to take some type of candy, usually altoids, with a few
ibuprophen (sp?), in the tin as well. I have a bad back and after three
or four hours the Ib really helps when needed.
Cold beer from crew upon landing and after the ship is in the box.

Old January 9th 05, 10:31 PM
peter kovari

I will drink a bottle of Gatorade or other sport drink prior to flight. Than
I pack the largest Camel back that will fit behind me, filled with 1/2 part
frozen water topped off with cold water (stays cold on long flights in the
height of any summer). String cheese for protean and energy works very well
and takes up little room.PeterK
"tango4" wrote in message
For an all day excursion -

2 regular sandwiches
3 litres water
boiled sweets or Werthers butterscotch's

No point in suffering!

Ian