January Issue of Soaring

Old January 7th 05, 01:35 PM

Default January Issue of Soaring

Received my New Year's issue of Soaring yesterday and was disappointed
to see that Rick and Dick were not acknowledged for their fine
performances in the 18M and Open Class Nationals at Uvalde last August.
I also noted that rankings for pilots in those contests (as well as
Regions 4 and 8) were highlighted as yet unconfirmed.

I've sent a note to Dennis asking what's up. Of course, Dennis needs to
answer in a way that reflects most positively on the Society. This is
understandable. But it doesn't necessarily serve my interest -- to wit,
why would pilots be punished for an organizational snafu?

Does anyone have the inside scoop? Is this solely an error of omission?
Or was the action intended to be punitive? I note that all three tardy
host organizations have been granted sanctioning for 2005 contests
(regional and national), so I question the latter. But I've come to
recognize that organzational decision making follows its own often
obtuse logic.

What's up?

I expect a response from Dennis and will share it with the group, but I
would certainly appreciate the insight any of you may have picked up
over the course of the last few months.

Cheers,

OC

Old January 7th 05, 03:31 PM

Just got word back from the SSA that it was a proofing oversight. The
February issue will acknowledge the 18M and Open champs.

Old January 10th 05, 06:02 PM
Pat Russell

This has been a pet peeve of mine for many years. I may be
wrong, but I believe that the annual "Regional and National
Champions" page has never been fault-free. Last year they had
Doug Jacobs in the wrong class. This year they left out two
entire national championships. These errors, combined with all
the missing photographs, are an embarrassment.

-Pat