hi alt oxygen

Old March 15th 04, 10:31 AM
Cub Driver

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 00:39:47 -0500, "John Keeney"
wrote:

I like the cold nights when I'm camping. Best night's sleep I've ever had
was in a tent at Tuolumne Meadows with a low of 28 degrees.

Lookshury! Lookshury! 28 degrees isn't cold. When I was a boy, we
YEARNED for 28 degrees. When I was a boy, 28 degrees was the HIGH FOR
THE YEAR.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (requires authentication)

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old March 15th 04, 10:33 AM
Cub Driver

You might try www.mailblocks.com, though in my experience the free
account isn't generous enough unless you empty the Pending mailbox
every day. Pay $10 a year and you're golden.

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:35:11 +1300, rnf2
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:46:53 GMT, "Gord Beaman" )
wrote:

Why I'm so touchy about spam is that I got into a real mess here
on usenet with spam. I had my real address showing somewhere in
my message headers and in about two years it had built up to 5 or
6 hundred msgs a day. Last measured it at 945 pieces in a 12 hour
period. It had shut my email right down so I had to change my
email address. Hateful task that...

Spoof it...

My email as far as Usenet is concerened is
a computerised bot prog will try and use the whole thing... a thinking
human being can look at it and select to remove the obvious spam
blocking thing

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:
(requires authentication)

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old March 15th 04, 04:13 PM

wrote:

I like the cold nights when I'm camping. Best night's sleep I've ever had
was in a tent at Tuolumne Meadows with a low of 28 degrees.

Lookshury! Lookshury! 28 degrees isn't cold. When I was a boy, we
YEARNED for 28 degrees. When I was a boy, 28 degrees was the HIGH FOR
THE YEAR.

...and you walked 5 miles to school, uphill both ways, right?...

--

-Gord.
Old March 16th 04, 04:11 AM
Peter Stickney

wrote:

I like the cold nights when I'm camping. Best night's sleep I've ever had
was in a tent at Tuolumne Meadows with a low of 28 degrees.

Lookshury! Lookshury! 28 degrees isn't cold. When I was a boy, we
YEARNED for 28 degrees. When I was a boy, 28 degrees was the HIGH FOR
THE YEAR.

The year! Heh! Why, back in the Pleistocene, we only dreamed about 28
degrees. We measured our snowbanks in miles.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old March 16th 04, 04:54 AM
QDurham

We measured our snowbanks in miles

Where'd you get that "we" business paleface?

Quent
Old March 16th 04, 05:17 AM
John Keeney

wrote:

I like the cold nights when I'm camping. Best night's sleep I've ever had
was in a tent at Tuolumne Meadows with a low of 28 degrees.

Lookshury! Lookshury! 28 degrees isn't cold. When I was a boy, we
YEARNED for 28 degrees. When I was a boy, 28 degrees was the HIGH FOR
THE YEAR.

Ah, you grew up with my Dad then.
Fourteen miles to school, through the woods, fording the creeks,
the snow never less than knee-deep and up hill both ways. Of course
he had to go in an hour early to build the fire so he could claim the
10 cent a year payment for having done so.

and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com

Now if you're talking in Centigrade... 28 is roasting for here... 25
is a nice comfortable temp
Old March 16th 04, 02:50 PM
QDurham

Then there was the time that we were driving the Mammoths down past
Lake Umbagog to Mooslucmeguntic. Well, what with the glaciers & all,
the bridge pilings were looking mighty shakey. ANd there's nothing
crankier than a wet Mammoth. (THey don't swim so well - the hair bogs
'em down.) So I looked the situation over, and figured that if I stood
on the ice, I could sorta prop things up as the Mammoths crossed.
Well, things went O.K. for the first two, but Jumbo was #3, and his
weight drove my feet plumb throught the ice. If I hadn't been so good
at treading water...

Thank you for making that clear. I bet you could fill us in on that rare
French feline, the "épeé-toothed tiger."

Quent

Old March 16th 04, 09:36 PM
Guy Alcala

Peter Stickney wrote:

wrote:

I like the cold nights when I'm camping. Best night's sleep I've ever had
was in a tent at Tuolumne Meadows with a low of 28 degrees.

Lookshury! Lookshury! 28 degrees isn't cold. When I was a boy, we
YEARNED for 28 degrees. When I was a boy, 28 degrees was the HIGH FOR
THE YEAR.

The year! Heh! Why, back in the Pleistocene, we only dreamed about 28
degrees. We measured our snowbanks in miles.

Proving that everything important in life can be learned from Monty Python.
And here I was worried about being off-topic;-)

Guy