Fuel line question

Old October 3rd 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

Default Fuel line question

Ed,
What is the use of the vinyl section?
Lou

Ed Sullivan wrote:
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 23:44:09 GMT, "Ebby"
wrote:

Thanks for the info here is a bit more detail. I am building a biplane with
a center section fuel tank. Some of the fuel lines will be out in the
breeze. Still use the 5052-0 in those locations?

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:26:02 GMT, "Ebby"
wrote:

I just started thinking about the fuel system for my project. I knew it
was
3/8" but in what alloy?

In the fuselage, usually 5052-0

In the engine compartment, either fire sleaved, teflon lined stainless
braid or (for short runs that don't have to flex) solid stainless.

I am not sure but I think the fuel lines from my wing center section
tank are 3003, and they have a small section of vinyl tubing just out
of the tank. They've been on my Jungster for twenty years, however
I've replaced the vinyl several times as it hardens. I use them to
tell when the wing tank is getting empty as you can see the bubbles
form.

Old October 3rd 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ed Sullivan

On 3 Oct 2006 05:32:32 -0700, "Lou" wrote:

Ed,
What is the use of the vinyl section?

It allows for a little flexibility where the lines enter tank (one on
each side) also I dont have a fuel gauge on the wing tank and it
allows me to tell when it is about to run out by watching for the
bubbles.

Old October 9th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Barnyard BOb

On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 13:47:02 GMT, jerry wass
wrote:

NO!--even autos use 5/16" line---But I think You're talking
PLASTIC-(spitooie)----

use a #-6 Stainless steel Teflon lined hose from firewall fwd.--& slip
firesleeve over that!----my 4¢ worth.
Jerry

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Speaking of AUTOS, Jerry....

Over 3 years ago, didn't you promise an auto conversion
that was going to put out 10 gazillion horsepower utilizing
a mere pocketful of cc's coupled to a miracle camshaft?

Since Lycoming is still in business, what gives? )

- Barnyard BOb -

fuel leak or auxiliary fuel pump malfunction? [email protected] Owning 7 December 17th 06 12:57 PM
Hurricane relief Dave Stadt Piloting 94 September 8th 05 07:02 PM
"Out of fuel, out of hope: 'Help, I'm in the water'" [email protected] Piloting 145 May 3rd 05 11:21 PM
Hot weather and autogas? Rich S. Home Built 33 July 30th 03 11:25 PM