Anyone for Breakfast Sunday Morning at Sky Acres (44N)?

Old June 2nd 05, 07:39 PM
Journeyman

Default Anyone for Breakfast Sunday Morning at Sky Acres (44N)?

It was hashed out over the last month or so. Several of us picked
this Sunday morning (June 5th) to meet for breakfast at Sky Acres
just Northeast of Poughkeepsie, NY. Nothing formal, just a chance to
hang out and meet some of the faces behind some of the postings. Kind
of like a micro-lite version of Pinckneyville.

Long range weather looks reasonable and they even have VOR and GPS
approaches for newly minted instrument pilots.

Morris
--
www.compilerguru.com/aviation
Old June 2nd 05, 08:49 PM

Morris,
Rick and I will definitely be there. The Windsock Cafe is quite
popular during the weekend so the service could be slow at times. I
will bring some homemade muffins just in case we have to wait ;-)
It's too bad that Bob Barker can not attend. I hope that Corky
Scott, Rosspilot and other Northeast pilots would see this post and
decide to join us.

Hai Longworth
N30703

Old June 2nd 05, 09:05 PM
Steve Foley

Sounds good to me. How's the food?

Sunday is my normal $100 bacon and eggs day. Columbia County (1B1) is a
regular destination for me. Good food and cheap gas.

. ..

Old June 2nd 05, 10:22 PM

What is going on these days with the restaurant at 1B1?
What are the weekend hours?

Jim

Old June 3rd 05, 12:27 AM

I hope that Corky
Scott, Rosspilot and other Northeast pilots would see this post and
decide to join us.

I would love to, and if it was any day other than the weekend, I'd be
there for sure. But Sat and Sun I am always in Soho working. My
aerial photography is sold from there. The pieces go all over the
world.

http://www.skyviewpictures.com/html/...snew-soho.html

It's highly addictive, and I just can't give it up! If you're ever in
the City on the weekend, stop by and introduce yourself . . . I'd like
to meet you guys, too. I'm at 411 West Broadway (between Spring and
Prince).

Old June 3rd 05, 02:06 AM
TF

Amazing that you posted this. I had my first trip on Monday to 44N. I
recent pilot, I was taking a long XC from KMJX looking for food (and
learning the GPS and autopilot). We started at Orange County (under
renovation) they suggested N45 (wasn't open) then a final lead to Sky Acres.
Worth the detor. Being from the flat lands down on the NJ shore, the
rolling hills were a treat. The food was perfect atmosphere priceless and
well worth the $$$ it cost me to get there.

Old June 3rd 05, 02:45 AM
Steve Foley

They open at 10:00 on Sunday. We're not usually there much before ten
anyway. That's the only time I've ever been there. They may open earlier
during the summer.

ups.com...

Old June 3rd 05, 05:45 PM
Doug in NYC

The coincidences keep piling up. I recently returned to flying after a
30 year hiatus. It took about 5 1/2 hrs of dual to get the BFR
endorsement (much less than I thought it would). While feeling my way
around the skies after so long, I took my first XC from KCDW (where my
rental C172 is based) to KMJX about two weeks ago. The second XC was to
44N this past Monday (maybe we saw each other, TF...I was there about
11:30). After manoeuvering the Skyhawk into a parking space, I learned
the importance of pulling out the parking brake before walking away.

Sky Acres is a charming little airport. I would definitely return.
Honestly, I've had better omelets in my life but I never had so much
fun getting to the restaurant!

Doug

Old June 3rd 05, 08:40 PM
Robert Chambers

Perfect excuse for coming up on Sunday then. Weather permitting (and it
should) I'll be there too.

Robert