Oshkosh Pictures

Old July 31st 05, 06:00 AM
Marv

Default Oshkosh Pictures

I was at Oshkosh on Sunday and Monday and took a few pictures.

I posted some of them a couple of days ago but have added an option to
click on a picture as a "thumbnail" for an expanded view of that
picture as well as some others that are related.

I have posted a couple of pictures of an Innodyn turboprop installation
in a Super Cub and a couple of pictures of the Innodyn engine with a
link to their website. Weight is about 188 pounds with quoted fuel
consumption of about 7 gallons per 100 hp. Estimated TBO is 5000
hours. Interesting.....

My posted pictures include: a Lionheart Composite Staggerwing; a couple
of very nice Cessna 195's; P-51 "SCAT VI"; a couple of T-28's
("expanded view" also brings up AT6; SNJ; T-34); ViperJet;
Javelin; Sky Arrow; and an interesting 3 engine Dornier Amphibian
-Dornier Do-24ATT

Pictures are at: http://marvhamm.com/oshkosh-2005.html

News article on the Dornier Do-24ATT is at:

http://westsidenewsonline.com/OldSit...uedornier.html

Dornier World tour update is at: http://www.do-24.com/

Old August 1st 05, 10:28 PM
David Odum

Nice pictures Marv. Like you, I snapped a few pictures of the
beautiful C-195 with the "Daffy Duck" pitot cover. What camera did
you use?

David - email: David at AirplaneZone dot com

Old August 2nd 05, 01:14 AM
Marv

-----------------
David Odum wrote:
Nice pictures Marv. Like you, I snapped a few pictures of the
beautiful C-195 with the "Daffy Duck" pitot cover. What camera did
you use?

-----------------

Hi David,

Thanks for your nice comments. The highly polished Cessna 195 was
certainly a real beauty!

I used a Olympus Camedia C-2500L SLR digital zoom camera (2.5
megapixels).
For a SLR camera, this is a very compact model and has a quality 3X
zoom lens.
It uses Compact Flash cards and/or Smart Media cards for memory. Other
than a
digital mini-DV video camera, this is the first digital camera that I
have
really used very much.

These are now somewhat obsolete since they were originally manufactured
several
years ago, and are no longer the latest "state of the art" SLR camera
with 6 to 8
megapixels. However, I have found that it does a beautiful job, and is
more than
required for recording shots to be displayed online. I picked this one
up on
ebay and was so impressed that I bought 3 others for members of my
family. They
can be purchased in great condition on ebay for about $150 -- sometimes
more or
less depending on accessories and condition (note: has built-in flash
but capable
of add-on external flash with "through the lens" exposure). At that
price it is
a fraction of the cost of the newest SLR models. It also has a very
nice ability
to very accurately photograph macro and super macro closeups (airplane
parts,
installation details, etc.).

......... Marv Hamm