Another Rotor Group

Old October 20th 05, 03:24 AM
Ol Shy & Bashful

Default Another Rotor Group

I'm sure it has been posted before but for those who haven't seen it,
check out JustHelicopters.com and look at the alternate board - not the
original. One is for serious questions, answers, discussions, and the
other is wild and raucus with rumor, name calling, crazy, funny as hell
sometimes, weird at others. It takes some time to see when chains are
being pulled, and to ignore a lot of the nonsense.
The serious board is populated with some very experienced and serious
pilots who are willing to share their experience with almost anyone who
asks.
Ol Shy & Bashful

Old October 20th 05, 03:36 AM
Shiver

Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:

I'm sure it has been posted before but for those who haven't seen it,
check out JustHelicopters.com and look at the alternate board - not the
original.

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately no joy.

Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

Old October 20th 05, 07:19 AM
Shiver

Gary Knutson wrote:

Try adding a www. prefix. Joy!

I wish... but still no joy

http://justhelicopters.com/

That should do it and it might work for others but not here.

Rats.
Old October 20th 05, 07:32 AM
Shiver

Well folks this is strange

If I past justhelicopters.com into my browser it should go to the site
the same as if I pasted CNN.com into my browser it would go to CNN.

So if I make it into a clickable link http://justhelicopters.com/
it should go to the site but it won't.

But if I do it this way http://www.justhelicopters.com/ then it will
take me to the site.

Oh well..... Alls well that ends well.
Old October 20th 05, 07:34 AM
Shiver

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

It'll work with only justhelicopters.com *IF* the network, by default,
sends any traffic on port 80 to the site's server(s). My guess is
since it doesn't work without the www part (www being the hostname and
justhelicopters.com being the domain name) it's not set up like that.

Why your as quick as a wink tonight Kevin.

By the way I visited your picture site the other day.

Wish I coulda been sitting beside you for that flight.
Old November 21st 05, 05:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Just a little help from a computer geek that loves choppers...

justhelicopters.com is the domain name. Since most of the domain name
registrars also host web sites, you can choose to enter in the www or
not. If the registrar doesn't host the website, then you must create
what is known as an A record in order to re-direct it to your server.
My gut tells me that this website is being hosted on a server other
than its domain name registrar's.

Old November 24th 05, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

wrote:

But if I do it this way
http://www.justhelicopters.com/ then it will

Another website using a 1 px x 1 px image for a background.
Adds insult to injury for those of us stuck with a dial up connection.
Loads across the page like molasses on a cold day.