cnc machine work?

Old October 4th 06, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
dlevy[_1_]

Default cnc machine work?

I have some cnc lathe's and mill's and use them to manufacture original
designs (mine) for the oilfield. I'm also pretty proficient at Solidworks
(3d cad). I'm a pilot, airplane owner, and have the requisite RV-7 tail kit
gathering dust.

Anyone have any leads or ideas on how to apply our design/manufacturing
capability to something aviation related? I don't need the work but am just
looking to do something a bit more interesting.

Old October 4th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

"dlevy" wrote in message
.. .
I have some cnc lathe's and mill's and use them to manufacture original
designs (mine) for the oilfield. I'm also pretty proficient at Solidworks
(3d cad). I'm a pilot, airplane owner, and have the requisite RV-7 tail
kit gathering dust.

Anyone have any leads or ideas on how to apply our design/manufacturing
capability to something aviation related? I don't need the work but am
just looking to do something a bit more interesting.

Check out the Yahoo Group "winchdesign". We're trying to design a standard
glider winch which will certainly reuire a lot of machine work. It won't
fly but it is aviation related.

I'm working on production CAD drawings for a 4-drum winch now. There will
be a fair bit of laser cutting, milling and turning work required.

Bill Daniels

Old October 5th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

dlevy wrote:

Anyone have any leads or ideas on how to apply our design/manufacturing
capability to something aviation related? I don't need the work but am just
looking to do something a bit more interesting.

Send me a valid email address and I'll send you some CAD drawings. If
the items depicted in the drawings are within your interest and
capabilities, perhaps we can do some work.

-R.S.Hoover

Old October 5th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Go, Bill, go! I'm looking forward to it!

Jer/

Bill Daniels bildan@comcast-dot-net wrote:

"dlevy" wrote in message
.. .
I have some cnc lathe's and mill's and use them to manufacture original
designs (mine) for the oilfield. I'm also pretty proficient at Solidworks
(3d cad). I'm a pilot, airplane owner, and have the requisite RV-7 tail
kit gathering dust.

Anyone have any leads or ideas on how to apply our design/manufacturing
capability to something aviation related? I don't need the work but am
just looking to do something a bit more interesting.

Check out the Yahoo Group "winchdesign". We're trying to design a standard
glider winch which will certainly reuire a lot of machine work. It won't
fly but it is aviation related.

I'm working on production CAD drawings for a 4-drum winch now. There will
be a fair bit of laser cutting, milling and turning work required.

Bill Daniels

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jeratfrii.com http://users.frii.com/jer/

Old October 6th 06, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
dlevy[_1_]

3 year old.........actually, I'm getting all fired up again. I've just
gotten access to a 2,000 ft^2 shop. I'm in the process of etching the floor
for epoxy paint.

I'll move the tail kit in when the paint dries.

" wrote in message
. ..
Just wondering when you have free time plus mechanical skill then why this
RV-7 kit is rusting ?

.. .