Could the Press Grow a Spine?

Old June 23rd 04, 09:27 AM
WalterM140

Default Could the Press Grow a Spine?

Well I watched "Hardball" last night with Campbell Brown.

She had Bartlett, one of the Bushies on. She asked him a question. He talked
for a while and she said something like, "you are very articulate, but that
avoids the question completely." I wish more of the Press would point out that
the vast majority of the questions asked are just totally avoided on both
sides.

She also showed two clips back to back of VP Cheney caught in a big lie about
Atta's supposed meeting with Iraqi intelligence in Prague. In the one clip,
Cheney said it was "confirmed" that Atta met with Iraqi intelligence. About a
year later he said he never said that.

Running the clips back to back showed that he just lied. Bartlett hemmed and
hawed about that and said the question was still open, but Cheney's words
definitively said it was NOT open -- it was CONFIRMED (in case anyone missed it
the first time) that Atta met with Iraqi intelligence.

These ******* Republicans have got to go.

Walt

Old June 23rd 04, 01:09 PM
George Z. Bush

WalterM140 wrote:
[...]

Let's face it, Walt, lying is what they do best....and accusing their opponents
of lying is what they do second best. It seems to be the nature of the beastie.

George Z.

Walt

Old June 23rd 04, 03:00 PM
Jim Knoyle

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
WalterM140 wrote:
[...]

They can't count very well, either! :-)

Old June 23rd 04, 05:16 PM
Jarg

"WalterM140" wrote in message

http://www.worldpress.org/Europe/1684.cfm

Old June 23rd 04, 07:59 PM
Leslie Swartz

Walt:

Be proud of yourself when the second american reolution (back to the
constitution) happens. You played your part in getting Atlas to Shrug.

Steve Swartz

Old June 23rd 04, 08:00 PM
Leslie Swartz

The good news is most of you radical assholes, being anti-RKBA, will roll up
pretty quickly.

Steve Swartz

Old June 23rd 04, 09:53 PM
Mike Dargan

WalterM140 wrote:
[...]

They're not all *******s; some are merely embarrassed.

Cheers

--mike

Walt

Old June 23rd 04, 10:01 PM
Mike Dargan

George Z. Bush wrote:

WalterM140 wrote:

[...]

That they're lying is not slam dunk certain. Many of them, including
the shrub, lack the cognitive capacity necessary to conceive of and
transmit a lie. This might be fodder for a new thread. What factors
have caused the shrub to be so intellectually limited, especially since
his daddy is quite bright--Phi Beta Kappa?

Did Barbara hop the fence one night some five decades ago?
Too much brain numbing TV as a toddler?
Too much booze and/or cocaine two or three decades back?
Indoctrination by the neocon branch of the Moonies?

Cheers

--mike

George Z.

Walt