Charging for instruction, no instructor rating

Old December 17th 05, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Charging for instruction, no instructor rating

Guy has an airplane, commercial certificate but no instructor rating
and takes students up for acrobatic lessons, mountain checkouts and
charges for it. FAA legal?

Old December 17th 05, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Guy has an airplane, commercial certificate but no instructor rating
and takes students up for acrobatic lessons, mountain checkouts and
charges for it. FAA legal?

How could anyone give an endorsement or allow someone log dual time
received without and instructor rating?

Old December 17th 05, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

three-eight-hotel wrote:
Guy has an airplane, commercial certificate but no instructor rating
and takes students up for acrobatic lessons, mountain checkouts and
charges for it. FAA legal?

How could anyone give an endorsement or allow someone log dual time
received without and instructor rating?

It will all get very clear after the "student" has an accident and the
NTSB looks into ratings and the qualifications of the person that
granted them.
Old December 17th 05, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Nothing mentioned about giving endorsements. He is just teaching the
pilot acrobatics and how to fly in the mountains. Nothing about the
pilot being able to log the flight either.

Old December 17th 05, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

As long as he has a 2nd class medical and the plane has a 100 hr
inspection it should be fine (and doesn't 'transport" people, i.e
returns them to the same airport they left). His insurance would
probably be pretty high though. Doesn't count as dual or insurance or
anything though. In a practical sense, CFIs often have a hard enough
time getting business, this guys going to be working hard.

-Robert

Old December 17th 05, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Also, remember that for insurance purposes, the "pilot flying" must
meet the policy requirement. Insurance companies don't worry about this
PIC crap.

-Robert

Old December 17th 05, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

As long as he does NOT endorse their logbook, yes. Does it
count toward any rating, NO. Is he qualified, maybe. Is
his insurance valid, who knows. Has his airplane had the
required inspections? Does he have a 135 certificate and
does he need one? Probably for the mountain check outs,
maybe not for just acro local flights.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

ups.com...

Old December 17th 05, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

I think that he should read FAR 119.1 (tied to Part 135 operations). The way
I read it, he has to stay within 25 miles of the departure airport and not
land anywhere else. Within those restrictions, he seems to be OK. There
might be a drug testing question, too, but I'm fuzzy on that.

Bob Gardner

ups.com...

Old December 17th 05, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

I was interpreting "lessons" and "checkouts" to mean that there would
be some endorsement that went along with that... My bad.

I gave my 7 year old daughter a flying lesson a couple of months ago.
It was a blast! As far as instruction goes, as you intended, there's
no difference? (Except that I'm not a commercial pilot and I didn't
charge her ;-)

Best Regards,
Todd

Old December 17th 05, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

As long as he has a 2nd class medical

I don't believe so.

and the plane has a 100 hr
inspection

I don't believe so.

Jim

Basic battery charging question [email protected] Soaring 28 April 10th 06 03:12 PM
Charging? PaulaJay1 Owning 25 February 2nd 05 06:03 AM
Charging Question (Electrical - Not Credit) Michael Bremer Owning 15 January 20th 05 02:00 AM
Cessna 210 charging problem John Clonts Owning 9 July 14th 04 03:08 PM
Showalter in Orlando charging $45 to open gate Piperflyer Piloting 2 February 24th 04 03:20 AM