PowerFLARM Portable Firmware Update: 6.02

Old April 3rd 15, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default PowerFLARM Portable Firmware Update: 6.02

IMPORTANT
PowerFLARM Portable Firmware Update: 6.02
PowerFLARM Portable users should update to version 6.02 ASAP. There was a
bug in version 6.00 which caused it to show "Towplane" as the aircraft type
when it should have displayed "glider". That may have caused users to select
the wrong aircraft type. After you upgrade be sure to verify the aircraft
type setting.
http://flarm.com/support/firmware-up...are-version-6/

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 4th 15, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 10:30:28 AM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
IMPORTANT
PowerFLARM Portable Firmware Update: 6.02
PowerFLARM Portable users should update to version 6.02 ASAP. There was a
bug in version 6.00 which caused it to show "Towplane" as the aircraft type
when it should have displayed "glider". That may have caused users to select
the wrong aircraft type. After you upgrade be sure to verify the aircraft
type setting.
http://flarm.com/support/firmware-up...are-version-6/

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

I cant find a 6.02 version??
Glen

Old April 4th 15, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 10:30:28 AM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
IMPORTANT
PowerFLARM Portable Firmware Update: 6.02
PowerFLARM Portable users should update to version 6.02 ASAP. There was a
bug in version 6.00 which caused it to show "Towplane" as the aircraft type
when it should have displayed "glider". That may have caused users to select
the wrong aircraft type. After you upgrade be sure to verify the aircraft
type setting.
http://flarm.com/support/firmware-up...are-version-6/

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Ok, found it, but it's just for the portable unit right?
Glen
Old April 4th 15, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

Our club had a bunch more "towplanes" that got put back to gliders.

The other problem is that the Flarm Configuration Tool,asks for device
type:

FLAPFC10A through FLAPD11E

The serial number shows in the FLARMCSV file, but how do we figure what
kind of FLAP.... we have, especially with the Cores which are typically
buried where the label is not visible.

Old April 4th 15, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Saturday, April 4, 2015 at 12:30:05 AM UTC-4, George Haeh wrote:
Our club had a bunch more "towplanes" that got put back to gliders.

The other problem is that the Flarm Configuration Tool,asks for device
type:

FLAPFC10A through FLAPD11E

The serial number shows in the FLARMCSV file, but how do we figure what
kind of FLAP.... we have, especially with the Cores which are typically
buried where the label is not visible.

Look in a downloaded IGC file and you'll see a line like this,
around 25 lines from the beginning of the file:
LFLA16145707DEVNO FLAPFC10A-000127

Hope that helps!
Best Regards, Dave
Old April 4th 15, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Friday, April 3, 2015 at 9:47:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:
http://flarm.com/support/firmware-up...are-version-6/
Ok, found it, but it's just for the portable unit right?
Glen

There is one firmware file for all PowerFLARM devices (portable and brick):
http://flarm.com/support/firmware-up...are-version-6/

Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave
Old April 4th 15, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair[_2_]

My FLARM read Towplane when I first turned it on, but I changed it to Sailplane...........Do Really need to re-program to 6.02?
JJ
Old April 4th 15, 10:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

I changed it to Glider, but I suspect the change did not stick. Have a
look at your unit after you power it up.

Old April 4th 15, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

I think the problem JJ, is that no matter what you select it still thinks you're a towplane.

Updated to 6.02 this morning and it worked fine for practice say at PAGC