Least favorite ATC instructions... ... ...

Old December 25th 05, 07:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Most favorite ATC instructions

Musketeer N1234 please keep your speed up for the C152 behind you.

j/k

A Lieberman wrote:
My favorite ATC instructions.

Sundowner one niner four three lima read back correct

Sundowner one niner four three lima cleared for takeoff

Sundowner one niner four three lima, cleared to land.

Old December 25th 05, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Most favorite ATC instructions (was: Least favorite ATC instructions)

wrote in message

What I really like to hear (while cruising at 8000) is "Arrow
41N, you are overtaking traffic ahead. I'll need to move you to 7000 or
9000 for a few miles, your choice."

You dropped the "would" from that sentence.

Old December 25th 05, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 24 Dec 2005 23:22:25 -0800, wrote:

Musketeer N1234 please keep your speed up for the C152 behind you.

j/k

Didn't you mean "Slowdowner"? :-))
Old December 26th 05, 06:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Least favorite ATC instructions... ... ...

"Skyhawk 08L, Cleared for the option rwy 7. Caution Wake
turbulence, Departing Heavy DC-8"

Say what?

This was at TOL, Toledo OH...HQ of BAX global. Lots of DC-8s as well
as ANG F16s

Made it a short field landing and t/o...was turning crosswind before
the point at which the DC-8 had rotated...Was about 11PM, I was doing
my Night requirements for my Commercial.

--Don

Don Byrer
Commercial Pilot / CFI Student
Electronics Technician, RADAR/Data/Comm @ CLE
Amateur Radio KJ5KB

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"I know what it sounds like....when doves cry"
Old December 30th 05, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Matt Whiting wrote:
Otis Winslow wrote:

caleb wrote:

My top three a

1) "TAKE IMMEDIATE EVASIVE ACTION!"

2) "Execute Published Missed Approach WITH OUT DELAY, and hold at the
outer marker"

and as Ben Jackson said:

3) "cleared to land on any runway"

I had that #3 one once .. after I told them I had smoke in the
cockpit and needed to be thinking about being back on the ground.

How long did you have to think about getting back on the ground? :-)

Matt

Certainly it was under a second. It's the ride down that makes your
butt hole real tight.
Old January 3rd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

"caleb" wrote in message
oups.com...

3) "cleared to land on any runway"

#3 doesn't bother me if it's the "field is wide open land wherever you want"
variety; if it's the "you have big problems, go ahead and land wherever you
can, trucks are rolling" sort, then it's no fun!

My personal least-favorite (which I've received twice):

"Cleared to land runway XX; land at your own risk" -- given by tower when wx
drops below published mins (above mins when approach started, broke out
at/before reaching DH [despite "official" wx]). No big deal, I guess, but
the "at your own risk" wording sure got our attention!!

(my first post to r.a.o, seems like a pleasant bunch in here; getting back
into GA after several years' absence; wannabe/hopeful soon-to-be owner)
--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight

Old January 3rd 06, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Douglas Paterson wrote:

seems like a pleasant bunch in here;

You'll learn soon enough. :-)

Welcome!

George Patterson
Coffee is only a way of stealing time that should by rights belong to
your slightly older self.
Old January 3rd 06, 04:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

("Douglas Paterson" wrote)
[snip]
(my first post to r.a.o, seems like a pleasant bunch in here; getting back
into GA after several years' absence; wannabe/hopeful soon-to-be owner)

What do you have your eye on?

Montblack

Old January 3rd 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 20:37:35 -0700, "Douglas Paterson"
wrote:

My personal least-favorite (which I've received twice):

I had the old "alternating red/green" light signal once.

Flying a 65-hp Taylorcraft, NORDO, mid-1970s, up the California
central valley, out of Porterville on this particular leg.

I was trying to make some northing before a winter cold front shut
things down. WX was clear departing Porterville, with a lusty
tailwind (which should have told me something), but around Stockton, I
decided I needed to make a 180 and find a place to land. Of course,
the tailwind was now on my nose. By the time I was over Merced, I
decided that NORDO or not, this was not the time to be insisting on an
uncontrolled field.

So I made a low pass, flew the pattern once more, and on final, I got
the alternating red/green. "Thanks, fellas," I thought. "Extreme
caution is exactly what I am executing right at this moment."

Actually, the tower was great. No sooner had the tail come down (at
about zero groundspeed) when there were two guys from the FBO hanging
on each set of struts. They walked me to a tie-down and we all got to
the office shortly before the first rain shower hit.

The front blew through in a few hours, the sun came out, and from that
point, there was nothing in the way but some easily avoidable squall
lines. I talked to the tower on the phone, topped off, got flashing
green and then steady green and was out of there.

Old January 3rd 06, 01:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

and as Ben Jackson said:

3) "cleared to land on any runway"

"There's a moderate thunderstorm rappidly increasing in intensity 1 mile
west of the airport moving east at 40 miles per hour. You are now three
miles north of the airport and it should be in sight. RADAR service
terminated. Good day."

(actual message)