Russian Military Technology

Old January 4th 04, 07:49 PM
Kevin Brooks

"tadaa" wrote in message ...
The best the Russians can do is hope for a chance hit on a helicopter

with
an RPG.

But you have to give them credit for that one....although its

surface-to-air
capability was not part of the design and not discovered by the
Russians....maybe they don't deserve any credit. Maybe this is the key

Russian military hardware, find alternative uses for it. Maybe a T-72

makes an
outstanding toaster oven? A MiG-29 as stero system? The possibilities

are
nearly endless

If you dropped a T-72 from a plane it would make a pretty good KE
weapon but with it's lack of aerodynamics it would be all over the
place so I guess it wouldn't even make a good bomb. I suppose you
could dump it in the ocean and use it for a corel reef or melt it down
and use it for something useful.

T-72 was a good tank in it's time vs Leopard I's, M60's and early M1's.
After the Soviet Union fell there were slight cuts in military spending if
you didn't notice.

You went a bit too far. It was generally inferior to the M60A3 TTS due to
the latter's better sight and fire control system. Likewise it was inferior
to the early M1's, which while they still had only the 105mm gun, had a much
better thermal imaging system. Add in the better vehicle protection and
greater speed, and even the early M1 was beyond the T-72's capabilities.

Brooks

Old January 4th 04, 10:45 PM
Alejandro Magno

"Schelkunchik" wrote
Nobody is putting a gun to your head to read this thread.

Magno

...but it's good for laughs!

I know that you are a very happy people, as your Detroit countrymen
http://www4.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwrdet.htm

Still funny ?

Magno
Old January 4th 04, 10:49 PM
James Hart

Mary Shafer wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:12:19 +0100, "JasiekS"
wrote:

From http://www.nobel.se/physics/laureates/1971/index.html

cite
The Nobel Prize in Physics 1971
"for his invention and development of the holographic method"
Dennis Gabor
United Kingdom
Imperial College London, United Kingdom
b. 1900 (in Budapest, Hungary)
d. 1979

/cite

Holographs aren't lasers. Charles Townes, et al, got the Nobel for
the maser in the '60s. They were American.

And Von Braun pointed out that he learned about rocketry from Robert
Goddard, the father of modern rocketry. Another American.

Quick question, which is nothing to do with lasers or Nobels really:
Is it common in Poland to hear about the achievements of Poles who
succeed after leaving Poland for another country? I know Gabor is
Hungarian, so I'm not asking about him, but what about Pulaski, for
example?

That would be the score for any ex-pat Brits. People like Michael Foale are
always tagged as 'British born...' whenever the UK media mentions them in a
story.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk

Old January 4th 04, 11:15 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
(Alejandro Magno) wrote:

You really know History very well, are you sure you went to school in
America ?
http://www4.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwr25.htm
http://www4.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwr32.htm
http://www4.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwr40.htm

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Man... quoting a Nazi site? You're just plain insane, dude.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old January 5th 04, 12:04 AM
Schelkunchik

El Stupido "Alejandro Magno" wrote in message
om...
"Schelkunchik" wrote
Nobody is putting a gun to your head to read this thread.

Magno

...but it's good for laughs!

I know that you are a very happy people, as your Detroit countrymen
http://www4.stormfront.org/whitehistory/hwrdet.htm

Still funny ?

Magno

Are you a Parmalat employee? Maybe a Fiat employee?

That would explain all your free time.

Old January 5th 04, 12:20 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Alejandro Magno" wrote in message
om...
(BUFDRVR) wrote
My
point is that America is a European country in a different continent.

Now-a-days, that is a very insulting statement. If the issue of Iraq

isn't
enough to show the vast differences between Europeans and Americans,

nothing
is.
BUFDRVR

Sorry.

America is not an European country by all means. America has lower
standards of living.

Now, even Chile (in South America if you do not know) has a higher
standard of living than America:
http://www.nationalvanguard.org/story.php?id=1388

The national vanguard is about as reputable a source as
Der Sturmer

More reliable sources provide a quite different picture
although defining the basis for measurement is rather
a difficult task. None of the surveys I have seen place
Chile above the USA.

Reviewing a few key statistics this is unsurprising

Chile
Infant Moratlity Rate 8.88 deaths/1,000 live births
Life Expectancy total population: 76.35 years
Population Below Poverty line 21%
GDP per Capita $10,100

USA
Infant Mortality Rate total: 6.75 deaths/1,000 live births
Life Expectancy total population: 77.14 years
Populataion below poverty line 12.7%
GDP per Capita $36,300

Keith