Perry Contest

Old March 12th 15, 09:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Perry Contest

Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for the Perry SC (Region 5N) contest?

Thanks,

Lauren
Old March 12th 15, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, March 12, 2015 at 5:33:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Does anyone have any hotel recommendations for the Perry SC (Region 5N) contest?

Thanks,

Lauren

I've always camped at the field. Lots of people bring RVs, but I used a tent
in the past. If you contact Rhonda she can arrange a camper for you on site.

The motels/hotels are all pretty distant. There's a B&B in Wagener but
otherwise you have to go to Aiken for anything (20-25 miles away).

Matt
Old March 12th 15, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

To properly enjoy the hospitality of Al and Rhonda you really must stay on the field. Anything else is like going to the beach and staying out by the interstate! 2010 was my first year and my wife and I spent six nights in a tent. Doable buy not ideal. Dual showers/toilets on site and some 110 volt outlets at clubhouse. Since that time we have rented a camper through Rhonda. She keeps this at arms length so just drop a friendly email to her asking for a lead. Campers run $450-$600 based on individual owner's preference and run from ten year old one room to million dollar rolling condos. Prices are all similar so its just the luck of the draw and developing a long term relationship with an owner. One year we spent a couple of nights in Aiken and it just isn't the same. Welcome and prepare to have fun with us Sports Class dudes. Bring your bicycle to help scoot to dinner and meetings.

Lane
XF

U.S. Perry contest SPOT map [email protected] Soaring 0 April 9th 12 01:17 PM
Day 3 at Perry Frank Paynter[_2_] Soaring 1 April 23rd 11 12:32 AM
Day 1 at Perry Frank Paynter[_2_] Soaring 0 April 19th 11 02:08 AM
Perry, SC, USA Ray Lovinggood Soaring 0 February 17th 06 06:53 PM
Perry, SC GM Soaring 12 May 13th 05 01:26 AM