Selling my airplane

Old February 17th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y

Default Selling my airplane

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:15:29 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:
Whatever floats your boat. :~)

A beautiful thing about the USA! G

When I retire, I can sell my home and move to your neighborhood!

Oh, so you'll come here and mess us up? :~(

Never!

I've heard of a Bonanza pilot right in your neighborhood who builds
nice homes. G
Old February 17th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Doug Vetter

Matt Whiting wrote:
Jobs.

'Tis true.

The only reason why hangars are $45 out in Stixville is because the
average job pays $5/hr and the unemployment rate exceeds the national
average.

No offense to those that choose to live in the middle of the country,
but I'll take our $320 hangar rent and everything Barry said over being
un(der)employed.

-Doug

--
--------------------
Doug Vetter, ATP/CFI

http://www.dvatp.com
--------------------
Old February 17th 07, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_3_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ps.com...
There is, however, a *reason* hangars cost so much he monopoly. One
company, with a suspiciously cozy relationship to the Mobile Airport
Authority, has controlled all the hangars and tiedowns at both municipal
airports for years. No new light aircraft hangars or shelters have been
built
in decades. The ones destroyed by Hurricanes Ivan and Katrina were not
replaced. The company simply raised the rates on the surviving ones
while
continuing to do zero maintenance. The roofs leak, debris litters the
ramps,
weeds grow tall from the cracks. My shelter looks like some relic of the
Soviet Union. If I dared to complain, I might find my airplane pulled
outside.

Wow. And I thought Iowa City's government was corrupt!

"Government corruption" is redundant. Regardless of the party involved, the
lure of goodies and freebies is stronger than most peoples ethics and
faux-morals (NOTE: some of the most corrupt people in history were religious
fanatics and clergy).

Even the Amereican Founders incredible efforts for a very limited government
died out when people both inside and outside the government found little or
no penalty for scamming the system.

(If it sounds like I'm a Libertarian/Anarchist, most assuredly I'm not).

Your situation makes our single-party rule (Democrats have held every
elected office in Johnson County since 1957) look like a PTA meeting.

My wife and I stopped attening PTA meetings ten or twelve years ago when
they were already screaming fest by the "T" side.

Sorry to hear it, Dan. But there are plenty of great places to live
and own an airplane.

Many (most?) of our ancestors moved 6,000 or more miles to find liberty, at
a time when it was hard, dangerous, and they could not really afford the
trip. Today, we won't move a few hundred and many won't even get off their
fat asses at all.

Of course, there is NO instance of a violent takeover in this country, so
just remember when these things are discussed, you're talking about your
beloved "friends and neighbors". These fine folks are called "voters".

Old February 17th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_3_]

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
On 17 Feb 2007 04:57:39 -0800, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

With an airplane, you needn't be trapped in 240
minutes of rush-hour traffic every day.

Just as one additional data point, I live in Connecticut and my
"commute" is 2 miles, my wife's is ~10. Neither includes interstate
highway travel, and hers goes through an area wooded enough to not
have cell phone service. Sometimes "the light" on my commute is red,
so I have to stop. G Her Jeep is 8 1/2 years old and has ~ 70k on
the clock.

As soon as the ice melts, I'll be back on the bike or walking.

I _know_ what your current commute is, so don't say it! =8^)

Ugh!! Mine varies -- either 40 feet, or 400 miles.

:~)

Old February 18th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_3_]

"Doug Vetter" wrote in message
Matt Whiting wrote:
Jobs.

'Tis true.

The only reason why hangars are $45 out in Stixville is because the
average job pays $5/hr and the unemployment rate exceeds the national
average.

Funny, I just left Montrose, CO where my hangar was $375 and the pay rates
around there were signigicantly below the national average.

No offense to those that choose to live in the middle of the country, but
I'll take our $320 hangar rent and everything Barry said over being
un(der)employed.

Your grasp of economics and politics is a bit slim.

--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC

Old February 18th 07, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_3_]

wrote:
Whatever floats your boat. :~)

A beautiful thing about the USA! G

When I retire, I can sell my home and move to your neighborhood!

Oh, so you'll come here and mess us up? :~(

Never!

I've heard of a Bonanza pilot right in your neighborhood who builds
nice homes. G

We've moved (being empty nesters now) , so you can go in screw up that last
place now! :~)

--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC

Old February 19th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jack Allison

Bummer, sorry to hear you're selling Dan...especially after all the
effort you've put in to create the nicest 172RG I've ever seen. Still,
I can understand the economic side of things that can necessitate a
change. Sucks though.

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-Instrument Airplane

"To become a Jedi knight, you must master a single force. To become
a private pilot you must strive to master four of them"
- Rod Machado

Old February 19th 07, 11:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

"Jack Allison" wrote:

Bummer, sorry to hear you're selling Dan...especially after all the effort
you've put in to create the nicest 172RG I've ever seen. Still, I can
understand the economic side of things that can necessitate a change. Sucks
though.

I went out and flew the airplane this weekend. I felt like a traitor, like a
guy taking his wife out to dinner, knowing he was about to divorce her.

I didn't realize I'd gotten that sentimental about "Delta."

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old February 20th 07, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

"Dan Luke" wrote:

You folks that have cheap fuel, good mechanics or good hangar deals
count your blessings.

We do every day... 3R7 ($660 a year, $35 hour labor, currently $3.90 but I
fly on mogas, currently $2.00)

Though I live on the approach to 16 @ 4R7. City council (4R7) just gave
approval to seek funding from the FAA for new jet hanger and 6 to 8 t-
hangers (currently $75 a month). Apparently they are paying 100% of the
costs, with no contributions from the state or locals...

3R7 receives property rental income to the tune of $40k to $60k a month
(hotel, Waffle House, Wendy's, truckstop, bank, used car lot, etc.)...
Old February 20th 07, 04:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Darrel Toepfer

"Peter R." wrote:

Wow.... excuse me while I wipe the drool from my mouth.

I pay $260/month for a mice infested, drafty, manual door that won't
close completely in the winter, never gets plowed, 1960s tin relic in
Syracuse, NY. Well, OK, electricity is included.

Hehehe... I have 3mbit DSL connection in mine, powers free, and a webcam
pointed on the plane...

Selling airplane Doug Owning 5 March 4th 06 01:24 PM
New Company selling Airplane Propellers for Experimental, Display and Air Plane Pieces Inc Owning 8 September 18th 04 05:02 PM
Selling our O-320-E2D optics student Aviation Marketplace 0 October 29th 03 03:29 AM