What no zzzzoom!!!

Old October 11th 07, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default What no zzzzoom!!!

In my travels I found a Sept. 2007 issue of Air and Space magazine.
It had a pretty comprehensive article about the Rocket Racing League.
It contained info on the race course, the planes and the pilots but,
not one word or even a hint of info regarding the worlds greatest test
pilot. This isn't the first article that I have read in a main stream
magazine about the RRL that fails to mention zzzzoom. Seems to me that
he is only included in articles he writes amazing!

After reading the story I am pretty skeptical regarding the
RRL,according to the writer they will have 200 seconds of fuel on
board and the races will last 14 minutes. Another unique aspect is
the race course the pattern will be visible in only two ways. First in
the cockpit to the pilots and secondly to the spectators via a big
screen Tv system. That makes sense go to the event pay your money then
sit in the bleachers and watch it on a Diamond Vision. Think they have
some things to work out to make it a little more fan friendly, just my
opinion.

Frank M.Hitlaw at my secret world HQ;

Old October 11th 07, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article . com,
says...

In my travels I found a Sept. 2007 issue of Air and Space magazine.
It had a pretty comprehensive article about the Rocket Racing League.
It contained info on the race course, the planes and the pilots but,
not one word or even a hint of info regarding the worlds greatest test
pilot. This isn't the first article that I have read in a main stream
magazine about the RRL that fails to mention zzzzoom. Seems to me that
he is only included in articles he writes amazing!

OH MY GAWD!!! They left him out!!! I can't believe it!! I'm agahst!! I'm
dumbfounded!! I...I just don't know what to say..How could the worlds foremost
test pilot,writer,TV star ,movie star be left out??? Father forgive them for
they know not what they're doing ......or do they? :-)

Must be Air & Space Mag didn't let Jimbo write the article LOL!!

After reading the story I am pretty skeptical regarding the
RRL,according to the writer they will have 200 seconds of fuel on
board and the races will last 14 minutes. Another unique aspect is
the race course the pattern will be visible in only two ways. First in
the cockpit to the pilots and secondly to the spectators via a big
screen Tv system. That makes sense go to the event pay your money then
sit in the bleachers and watch it on a Diamond Vision. Think they have
some things to work out to make it a little more fan friendly, just my
opinion.

How do they stretch 3 mins 33 seconds of fuel into a 14 min race ?Thge more I
hear the stranger it gets :-) Stay tune for the next thrilling episode of "Capt
Zoom and the RRL".

See ya

Chuck S

Frank M.Hitlaw at my secret world HQ;

Old October 11th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Dan says...

wrote:
In my travels I found a Sept. 2007 issue of Air and Space magazine.
It had a pretty comprehensive article about the Rocket Racing League.
It contained info on the race course, the planes and the pilots but,
not one word or even a hint of info regarding the worlds greatest test
pilot. This isn't the first article that I have read in a main stream
magazine about the RRL that fails to mention zzzzoom. Seems to me that
he is only included in articles he writes amazing!

He's writing an article about test flying the X-wing for his debut in
the RRL

Now I know why it crashed on it's first flight zoom was the pilot.. LOL!!

Chuck S

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old October 11th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
snip

How do they stretch 3 mins 33 seconds of fuel into a 14 min race ?T

It's all down hill?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old October 11th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Frank Stutzman[_2_]

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

How do they stretch 3 mins 33 seconds of fuel into a 14 min race ?Thge more I
hear the stranger it gets :-) Stay tune for the next thrilling episode of "Capt
Zoom and the RRL".

I read the article. It seem the engines that can be stopped and started very
easily. So for 10 minutes and 27 seconds of the race, the things are gliders.
Could be an interesting test of energy management for the pilot. Still don't
think I would pay NASCAR ticket prices to watch a big screen, though.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old October 11th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Frank Stutzman wrote:
ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:

How do they stretch 3 mins 33 seconds of fuel into a 14 min race ?Thge more I
hear the stranger it gets :-) Stay tune for the next thrilling episode of "Capt
Zoom and the RRL".

I read the article. It seem the engines that can be stopped and started very
easily. So for 10 minutes and 27 seconds of the race, the things are gliders.
Could be an interesting test of energy management for the pilot. Still don't
think I would pay NASCAR ticket prices to watch a big screen, though.

There is a book callesd, "Rocketeers" that tells all about it.
I read it because it was about Burt and Space Ship One.
Then it goes into all thie Rocket Racing stuff.

Interesting book anyway.

Richard

Zzzzoom page John T Home Built 10 July 16th 05 09:15 PM
ZZZzoom and Sun-n-Fun? Bob Knot Home Built 3 April 10th 04 04:10 PM