Avgas STC

Old September 2nd 05, 12:20 AM
Mike Granby

Default Avgas STC

Anyone know of an STC that will let me run my truck on avgas? Mogas was
$3.69 on the way home from flying, and avgas at the airport was 'only'
$3.99, so if the gap closes any more...

Old September 2nd 05, 02:02 AM
Michelle P

In the Washington DC area there are places that Avgas is cheaper than
Car gas. It is now cheaper for me to fly to work than drive. Fuel costs
only.
Michelle

Old September 2nd 05, 03:26 AM
Jim Burns

STE
mogas $3.09
avgas $3.57
Jim

oups.com...

Old September 2nd 05, 04:33 AM
George Patterson

Mike Granby wrote:
Anyone know of an STC that will let me run my truck on avgas?

Well, if your truck is old enough to not have a catalytic converter, that's all
the STC you need.

George Patterson
Old September 2nd 05, 06:14 AM
David Dyer-Bennet

"Mike Granby" writes:

Anyone know of an STC that will let me run my truck on avgas? Mogas was
$3.69 on the way home from flying, and avgas at the airport was 'only'
$3.99, so if the gap closes any more...

The good news is that the FAA doesn't care what you put in your car.

The bad news is that the lead will kill the catalytic converter. And
I *think* various people *will* care if you remove it.
Old September 2nd 05, 07:08 AM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

Our city manager called and raised the price of 100LL IN THE TANKS to $4.35
from $3.35
as the rest of the city was moving $2.49 to $3.29

{|;-(

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

"Jim Burns" wrote in message

STE
mogas $3.09
avgas $3.57

Old September 2nd 05, 09:10 AM
kontiki

I wish I still had my old 1970 Ford F100 with the 360, I could
pump AVGAS from our self service pump... the price here in Statesboro
is 3.30/gal.

Old September 2nd 05, 09:34 AM
Herb

Anyone know of an STC that will let me run my truck on avgas? Mogas
was $3.69 on the way home from flying, and avgas at the airport was
'only' $3.99, so if the gap closes any more...

Heard that the Fed is going to charge highway use taxes on Jet-A since
many truckers are pumping it into their rigs now. Kind of makes me
want to see what the price is, and maybe pump some Jet-A into the
Liberty CRD instead of $2.999/gal US diesel. Apparently they're going
to make FBO's prove that the Jet-A went into an airplane before they
refund the highway tax. Uh huh, sure they will. Just checked and
there's an airport here in PA that has Jet-A for $1.95/gallon US, may
have to give this some serious thought. Mix a little biodiesel with it
to restore the lubrication and who knows.

Herb
Old September 2nd 05, 12:39 PM
Denny

Barstow airport manager just told me on the phone that he is trying to
find 100LL and the one source who has a load wants a price that will
raise the fuel from $2.95 to $4.25... I predicted on these forums less
than a year ago that car gas would be $3 a gallon in 18 months and $5 a
gallon in 5 years... Boy was I behind the curve...

denny

Old September 2nd 05, 05:19 PM
George Patterson

Aaron Coolidge wrote:

93 octane car gas is $3.99 in the center of Northborough, MA as of 10AM EDT
2 September 2005. It was $2.49 30 hours ago.

Yesterday afternoon, the lowest I saw for regular was $2.85 and the highest was
$3.19.

George Patterson

Your free AvGas fillup at Dodge Center MN (TOB) July Sunday 31, AM abripl Owning 82 August 10th 05 01:08 PM
Your free AvGas fillup at Dodge Center MN (TOB) July Sunday 31, AM abripl Home Built 0 July 31st 05 07:59 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM
Avgas is cheap John Galban Piloting 63 March 13th 04 04:00 AM