CONNECT THESE DOTS

Old November 17th 04, 06:24 PM
Cribsheet

Default CONNECT THESE DOTS

Connect These Dots, Now

Complete article at: http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=5792

"We should have secured the Mexican border." That could be the pitiful lament
we hear from negligent U.S. officials if al Qaeda pulls off an attack on the
United States using weapons of mass destruction smuggled across our southern
frontier.

Were that horrendous event to happen, leaders in the Administration and
Congress would be justly hit with the same question that was perhaps unjustly
cast at them and their predecessors after the unprecedented September 11, 2001,
terrorist attacks: Why didn't they connect the dots?

This time, they will have no good answer. We have seen warning signs: al Qaeda
wants to hit the U.S. with weapons of mass destruction and it sees the Mexican
border as a weak flank in U.S. defenses against such an attack. Time magazine
reported this week that an Egyptian named Sharif al-Masri was captured in
August in Pakistan. According to Time, al-Masri told interrogators that al
Qaeda has considered plans to "smuggle nuclear materials to Mexico, then
operatives would carry material into the U.S."

Pls copy and distribute freely.

Old November 17th 04, 08:31 PM
Schmoe

Cribsheet wrote: