RTB

Old July 19th 05, 08:39 PM
Erik \Falcon\ Glascoe

I lived in Englewood Colorado for 3 years, loved it, hated the weather. I
heard the times over there now are difficult. Is that true? With the
housing and such.

Forgive me for a dumb question, but, are you a "Thud" Pilot?

Erik
Old July 19th 05, 08:46 PM
Erik \Falcon\ Glascoe

I left before the T-Birds started. Low show isn't my fort'e.
Considering the iffy forecast for Sunday I opted to drive home. 708
miles in 14 hours not too shabby, eh? Oh yeah, two food and fuel
stops.

Not too shabby my friend . Did you see "Glacier Girl" while you was
there? God she is just a beautiful P-38. They had a Bearcat too. Thats one
huge, slick machine. Never seen one in person and up close before. The F-18
flight demo was pretty slick with the vapor coming off the fuseluse.

Bummer bout the 22 being no show. Someday I'll see her fly .

Erik
Old July 19th 05, 09:44 PM
Glenn Dowdy

"Erik "Falcon" Glascoe" wrote in message
. 63.158...
I lived in Englewood Colorado for 3 years, loved it, hated the weather. I
heard the times over there now are difficult. Is that true? With the
housing and such.

What was wrong with the weather?

Glenn D.

Old July 19th 05, 11:32 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:39:07 GMT, "Erik \"Falcon\" Glascoe"
wrote:

I lived in Englewood Colorado for 3 years, loved it, hated the weather. I
heard the times over there now are difficult. Is that true? With the
housing and such.

Dunno what you mean. Denver is in a growth cycle. Ditto for Colorado
Springs. Anti-tax mentality means education, highways and
state-provided public services are in marginal supply.

The weather on the "Front Range" is pretty darn good. Warm but low
humidity in the summer, cool with low humidity in the winter. Not much
snow and often 55-60 degrees in January/February.

Forgive me for a dumb question, but, are you a "Thud" Pilot?

That would be F-105 Thunderchief pilot to you, sir.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
www.thunderchief.org
www.thundertales.blogspot.com
Old July 20th 05, 01:22 AM
Gord Beaman

Ed Rasimus wrote:

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:39:07 GMT, "Erik \"Falcon\" Glascoe"
wrote:

snip
Forgive me for a dumb question, but, are you a "Thud" Pilot?

That would be F-105 Thunderchief pilot to you, sir.

Ed Rasimus

There now Erik, consider yourself 'put in your place'.

--
-Gord
Old July 20th 05, 03:19 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:22:43 GMT, Gord Beaman
wrote:

Ed Rasimus wrote:

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 19:39:07 GMT, "Erik \"Falcon\" Glascoe"
wrote:

snip
Forgive me for a dumb question, but, are you a "Thud" Pilot?

That would be F-105 Thunderchief pilot to you, sir.

Ed Rasimus

There now Erik, consider yourself 'put in your place'.

There's a generation of F-105 pilots that doesn't use the nickname.
The term Thud came into general use around '67 although there are
instances of derogatory use earlier. It was accepted by most of the
"retraining" course drivers of the airplane.

Wonder why Erik never took the necessary second or two to click on the
link in my sig? Saves a lot of questions.

Old July 20th 05, 07:51 PM
Erik \Falcon\ Glascoe

What was wrong with the weather?

Glenn D.

I moved there from Ohio in 86. Never experinced snow like in Colorado in
Ohio. After the blizzard I'll see sunny skies on the next day. Weather in
Colorado was weird for this Buckeye. Especially when I was going to high
school there, I was like "They want me to go thru that in my electric
wheelchair??" I still dunno how I went thru those winter storms without
being stuck. Guess I was lucky.

Erik
Old July 20th 05, 08:02 PM
Erik \Falcon\ Glascoe

Ed Rasimus wrote in
:
Dunno what you mean. Denver is in a growth cycle. Ditto for Colorado
Springs. Anti-tax mentality means education, highways and
state-provided public services are in marginal supply.

My mother who travels for business over there sometimes said the housing
there was very expensive and the houses were tighty together, no yards or
nothing. Guess she saw a different area.

The weather on the "Front Range" is pretty darn good. Warm but low
humidity in the summer, cool with low humidity in the winter. Not much
snow and often 55-60 degrees in January/February.

Yeah that is the norm for Colorado. I was talking bout the snow blizzards
and it'll be sunny on the next day. Weird.

That would be F-105 Thunderchief pilot to you, sir.

Sorry to offend you sir. Most Thunderchief pilots called the F-105 the
"Thud".

Erik
Old July 20th 05, 08:52 PM
Tex Houston

"Erik "Falcon" Glascoe" wrote in message
. 63.158...

That would be F-105 Thunderchief pilot to you, sir.

Sorry to offend you sir. Most Thunderchief pilots called the F-105 the
"Thud".

Erik

Most??? Just how many F-105 pilots do you know? There were so many
nicknames for the F-105 I don't believe there was a consensus.

Tex Houston
F-105 Controller in a former life

Old July 26th 05, 01:36 AM
Eric Joiner

Tex Houston wrote:
"Erik "Falcon" Glascoe" wrote in message
. 63.158...

That would be F-105 Thunderchief pilot to you, sir.

Sorry to offend you sir. Most Thunderchief pilots called the F-105 the
"Thud".

Erik

Most??? Just how many F-105 pilots do you know? There were so many
nicknames for the F-105 I don't believe there was a consensus.

Tex Houston
F-105 Controller in a former life

Ahem...you guys might back up a little.

the guy probably has read books that call the airplane that.
I personally dont know any F-105 pilots. However i respect hell out
of the ones I have read about and may meet virtually. It is your
opportunity to teach those of us too young to know you in your prime
as to how you wish to be addressed and the lineage and history of
your fine airplane and the courageous exploits of those who flew
her. We know you by books and your written word. If some appear
ignorant...teach...dont bite.

Best regards,

Eric Joiner