Avgas Coming Down?

Old August 31st 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
GeorgeC

Default Avgas Coming Down?

I worked for an oil company and the distributors borrow oil products from each
other all the time. Every day in fact. When you fill you car, you can't know who
gasoline it was. The borrow back-in-forth so much, that they don't settle up
until the end of the day.

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:38:30 -0500, Ross Richardson wrote:

I just have some of their stock, I don't necessarily buy exclusively
from them. I have a friend that on principal will not buy Exxon-Mobile.
Just watch whose trucks fill up gas stations. Can be anyone. You never
know really whose gasoline is in the ground.

GeorgeC
Old September 1st 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
BTIZ

we dropped from bouncing between $4.05 and $4.10 to below $3.90 last
weekend.
be interesting to see what the 100LL is this weekend

our mogas is still $2.95

BT, 0L7

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
. ..
Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

On the other hand at my home base I just filled up for a trip and still
are paying $4.50 a gallon. Has anyone noticed if Avgas is coming down
too? Maybe it has to do with not making 100ll as often as Mogas. What
say you?

Jon Kraus
'79 Mooney 201
4443H @ UMP

Old September 1st 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
cjcampbell

Jon Kraus wrote:
Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

The inflation adjusted price will probably drop some. Higher fuel
prices tend to push up the price of everything else that has to be
transported, so in the end fuel tends to hold fairly steady once
adjusted for inflation. OPEC found that out real fast the one time they
tried to hold the USA hostage for fuel: food prices in those countries
soared even more than the price of oil did.

Old September 1st 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow

"GeorgeC" wrote in message
I worked for an oil company and the distributors borrow oil products from
each
other all the time. Every day in fact. When you fill you car, you can't
know who
gasoline it was. The borrow back-in-forth so much, that they don't settle
up
until the end of the day.

As someone already pointed out, oil/gas is a _commodity_.

Old September 1st 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow

Jon Kraus wrote:
Here in Indianapolis I have seen Mogas go down from $3.20 a gallon to
$2.50 and it appears that it will keep on dropping.

Some places are more, some are less. How much of the effect is boutique
fuels?

Old September 1st 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
randall g

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 20:20:30 -0400, "me" wrote:

O.K. Robert

I guess your free market theories don't take in to account there illegal
activities huh !

"This story ran on nwitimes.com on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:12 AM CDT

WASHINGTON | Federal investigators are reportedly looking into whether BP
PLC manipulated crude-oil and gasoline markets, the latest in a string of
inquiries into the British oil company."

Government and politicians ALWAYS do this when the price of gasoline
fluctuates. I have never heard of them finding anything serious.

Old September 1st 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Jim Macklin wrote:
At the end of WWII the Japanese sent their largest
battleship to defend Okinawa with only enough fuel to make
the trip one-way. We sank it before it got there.
European oil was in limited supply. The US Army Air Corps
bombed the German controlled oil field in Eastern Europe and
the refineries. Germany developed synthetic oil.

If Hitler had had more oil the Russians would speak German.

-Robert

Old September 10th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
CriticalMass

Robert M. Gary wrote:

A responsible oil company should charge you as much as you are willing
to pay.

That makes ZERO sense to me. What if I'm only willing to pay a
nickle/gallon? Their "responsibility" will lead them to just charge me
a nickle? C'mon.
Old September 10th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

CriticalMass wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

A responsible oil company should charge you as much as you are willing
to pay.

That makes ZERO sense to me. What if I'm only willing to pay a
nickle/gallon? Their "responsibility" will lead them to just charge me
a nickle? C'mon.

First off he meant a collective "you". Secondly it's irrelavant as the
oil company does not set the price to begin with.
Old September 10th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mike Noel

Paid $3.25/gal for 100LL at Casa Grande, AZ, yesterday. Strange when it
makes your day only paying $81 for 25 gallons of gas!

--
Best Regards,
Mike

http://photoshow.comcast.net/mikenoel

Avgas Coming Down? Jon Kraus Piloting 56 September 1st 06 09:19 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
OSH - The French are coming. The French are coming :-) Montblack Owning 3 April 22nd 05 04:20 PM
OSH - The French are coming. The French are coming :-) Montblack Piloting 3 April 22nd 05 04:20 PM
millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! Malcolm Austin Soaring 0 November 5th 04 11:14 PM