Revisiting the Cambridge Model 20 OLC failures...

Old August 31st 11, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy Clark

Default Revisiting the Cambridge Model 20 OLC failures...

The file mentioned in my prior post is: cai4olc.zip and came be
downloaded via a link
on the Geelong Gliding Club website http://www.gliding-in-melbourne.org
thanks to
Jeff Farrow.
Old August 31st 11, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

It appears that our only option is to keep resubmitting the same file
until it validates successfully. If that truly does work, then it's
obvious that the problem is in the OLC validator software. Once I have
a track record of proof, I'll contact the OLC folks again and try to
get them to look into it. Although at this point, they don't seem to
have any enthusiasm at all for dealing with this problem. We'll see
how it goes.
Old September 6th 11, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Aug 31, 10:03*am, Westbender wrote:
It appears that our only option is to keep resubmitting the same file
until it validates successfully. If that truly does work, then it's
obvious that the problem is in the OLC validator software. Once I have
a track record of proof, I'll contact the OLC folks again and try to
get them to look into it. Although at this point, they don't seem to
have any enthusiasm at all for dealing with this problem. We'll see
how it goes.

This is a crazy problem.
This is a moving target.
How can a bad file be fixed with a program?
How can a good file be bad and then fixed with a program?
If I convert the cai file to igc with the old dos program it gets
scored and put in order in light print with a red v. It all pays the
same - ($0). I for one have spent my last evening trying to get rid
of the dreaded red v.

Bill Snead
Old September 12th 11, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

Last two flight logs validated fine without issue. Not sure if
something changed with the OLC flight log validator. Hopefully it's
fixed.
Old September 12th 11, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Same here, though I've only had one. It validated on the first try (after
running the batch file).

Old September 16th 11, 05:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

On Sep 12, 10:53*am, "Dan Marotta" wrote:
Same here, though I've only had one. *It validated on the first try (after
running the batch file).

"Westbender" wrote in message

Last two flight logs validated fine without issue. Not sure if
something changed with the OLC flight log validator. Hopefully it's
fixed.

Three in a row! It's looking more and more like the problem was fixed.
Yay!
Old September 18th 11, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

On Sep 15, 11:23*pm, Westbender wrote:
On Sep 12, 10:53*am, "Dan Marotta" wrote:

Same here, though I've only had one. *It validated on the first try (after
running the batch file).

"Westbender" wrote in message

Last two flight logs validated fine without issue. Not sure if
something changed with the OLC flight log validator. Hopefully it's
fixed.

Three in a row! It's looking more and more like the problem was fixed.
Yay!

Hmmm.... I see there's a couple of recent failures by other pilots
submitting logs from legacy Cambridge recorders. Looks like the
problem is not solved.
Old September 19th 11, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I submitted a log from a Model 20 yesterday and it went through perfectly
first time. Previously, I've had to submit the same log three times for it
to be accepted.