Rewriting JAR licence into FAA lincence - NOT validation

Old February 26th 04, 11:45 PM
Astrid

Default Rewriting JAR licence into FAA lincence - NOT validation

I would like to rewrite my JAR licence (PPL) into a FAA licence. I already
have a validation (US licence based on foreign licence). Do anybody know the
procedure? I know that I don't need a regular american licence to fly in the
US but because of some special reasons I try to get a stand alone US
licence. Do I really have to make a complete new PPL-Training or is it
enough if an examiner certify that I have all the necessary requirement and
I have only to make the usual exams?
Btw: I have over 500 hours flight time on different planes.
Thanks!
Astrid

Old February 27th 04, 04:32 PM
Skyking

"Astrid" wrote in message ...
I would like to rewrite my JAR licence (PPL) into a FAA licence. I already
have a validation (US licence based on foreign licence). Do anybody know the
procedure? I know that I don't need a regular american licence to fly in the
US but because of some special reasons I try to get a stand alone US
licence. Do I really have to make a complete new PPL-Training or is it
enough if an examiner certify that I have all the necessary requirement and
I have only to make the usual exams?
Btw: I have over 500 hours flight time on different planes.
Thanks!
Astrid

If you receive a US license based on your foreign license, all of
your logged flight experience will count towards a regular US license.
I have no way of knowing your flight time but if it is anywhere close
to 250 hours, you might want to go for a US Comm PL.

Whichever license you go for, you will have to take the written and
practical (flight) exams.

Check this website.
http://faa.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/faa....va=&p_faqid=76

Good luck,

Skyking
Old February 27th 04, 08:35 PM
S Green

"Skyking" wrote in message
om...
"Astrid" wrote in message

[...]

Having done this, this is what you need to do.

1. Take the Written exam.
2. Ensure that all your training meets the FAA requirements. You need to
have done 3 hours training upto 60 days before your flight test.

3. Get a student pilot certificate and class three medical. To do the flight
test you need to provide a class three medical certificate. Your JAR medical
certificate is not valid on its own, you need an FAA certificate. The JAR
medical certificate works with your JAR licence to make your FAA 61.75
certificate valid.

You need an FAA instructor to sign you off for the flight test.