Vision aircraft (2nd try)

Old October 23rd 04, 02:16 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

Default Vision aircraft (2nd try)

karel wrote:

Recently I posted a message
(quite innocent to my poor opinion)
as follows:

seeing the set of plans available on e-bay,
i took a look on this aircraft
and it looks like a possible alternative for the Europa.

of course, some questions arise:
-) are any flying in Europe?
-) the design centers around the Subaru engine.
I should prefer the Rotax 100HP, how does this compare to the subaru?
Weight? Price?
-) how does the Vision compare to the Europa?

Till now, only a single response brought answers.
This single response not being in English,
my original thread went entirely off-topic
in an interesting discussion on national pride,
the use of learning foreign languages &C &C
I happily take my part in that, but remain curious
as to the Vision aircraft. Therefore, I will give
a translation to my best ability of Philippe's reaction,
and invite everyone to comment.

====================================

Any Visions flying/under construction in Europe:
"Not yet, but several people are considering it"

Difference Subaru == Rotax:
"Subaru: heavier, less expensive, less complex.
More powerful *
Easy to find in Belgium **"

comparison Vision == Europa:
"More roomy for pilot & pax, more payload,
can take engines up to 200 hp like the IO360" ***

Finally, Philippe mentioned the existence of the mailing list

which is obviously in French also

* this point puzzles me. I had understood both were 100HP?
Or more precisely: I had asked for a comparison between
the 100HP Rotax and the 100HP Subaru.

** Belgium being the country were I actually live

*** surely these will have to go together?
I should reckon that a Vision with the 100HP Subaru
but with more gross weight than the Europa's 1500 pounds
would be a sluggish performer?

Karel,
I am sorry that you did not get answers to your questions. That is a
fairly common occurence on this group. I suggest that you contact Steve
Rahm at Vision Aircraft and address your questions to him. You will
find Steve to be one of the most approachable, honest and decent people
in the kitplane business. He and his family are highly regarding in the
sport aviation community.

The Vision Aircraft website, while not pretty, if full of useful
information and suspect that you could find answers to most of your
questions there.

http://www.visionaircraft.com

Regards,

Rick Pellicciott
Belle Aire Aviation

Old October 23rd 04, 08:15 PM
Lou Parker

"karel" wrote in message ...
"Rick Pellicciotti" wrote in message

karel wrote:

[...]

Thank you very much, Rick.
I certainly had visited the wcompany's web site
but attach more worth to third partie'"s opinions.
However, if the designer is such a nice person as you state,
I'll ask him the same questions directly one of these days.

Thanks again!
from Belgium, Western Europe
Karel

Karel,
When I get a response from another language, I go here to translate
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr
If the link doesn't come through, go to alta vista.com punch in
something like banks. when the results come up there should be a
tranlation link to follow.
Lou