A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » General Aviation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Visa resident aliens out here - how did you solve these problems?

Old June 12th 05, 12:04 PM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Jun 2005
Question Visa resident aliens out here - how did you solve these problems?

This goes out to any aircraft owners (esp Canadian) who are resident in the US. Not green carded permanent residents (you seem to be considered equivalent to Americans for these issues), but those who are living/working in the US under a visa or similar situations.

How did you deal with the following?:

1) Registration/ownership.
Did you set up a corporation to register your plane in the US, how much did it cost, and were there any problems? Or did you register it another way?

2) Financing.
If you weren't here long enough to have 5yrs US credit history, and you didn't own a house to get an equity loan on, how did you arrange a loan? Were you able to convince a loan officer to actually pick up the damn phone and call your home country to verify that your credit was actually fantastic and didn't just start on the day you moved to the US? I think someone said that TransUnion would accept a Cdn social insurance # in order to consider your full credit history, but I have no verification of that yet.

Even if these don't apply to you, say hi! I'm curious to see who else out here is going through the whole TSA experience, etc, but I'm starting to think I'm the only non-permanent resident alien looking to BUY a plane.

Wouldn't terrorists rather train on a 747 on MS Flight simulator than a real 150? - hope the FAA is keeping track of all the software floating around....

Mike-the-bike