Ref:DUI

Old August 5th 08, 08:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bear Bottoms[_3_]

Default Ref:DUI

On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 19:41:49 -0400, Tman wrote:

I like to eat where I fly, and that invariably means a drink or two.
My rule is 1 drink: 1.5 hours until last sip to flying. 2 drinks: 3
hours. 3 drinks: FAA 8 hours at least. Night flight: double those
times for 1 or 2 drinks.
Breaking a little bit the 8-hour b-t-t rule, but hey, I am pretty sure I
have that alcohol metabolized.
I gotta believe this is not egregious, and not uncommon. Not legal tho.
Anyone disagree?

Yeh, I drink six or 11.
--
Bear Bottoms
website: http://bearware.com
Old August 5th 08, 10:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-08-05, Jason "Home Run" Kendrick wrote:
On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 19:39:50 -0700 (PDT), Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I did call a friend of mine
with the FAA and advised him what I had seen. Not sure if any action
was ever taken as I was never contacted about it by anyone.

A few brewskis and you jack a guy a job? **** you in between your nose
hairs.

A few brewskis *while* *flying*??!!! That guy needs to be out of the
cockpit, NOW.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old August 5th 08, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_5_]

On 2008-08-05, Jason "Home Run" Kendrick wrote:

A few brewskis and you jack a guy a job? **** you in between your nose
hairs.

A few brewskis *while* *flying*??!!! That guy needs to be out of the
cockpit, NOW.

Aw, come on. There's nothing dangerous about knocking back a pint or
three before hopping into a plane loaded with fuel and chemicals and
engaging in a hazardous occupation like extreme low-level flight over
people's property and livelihoods, is there?

What could possibly go wrong?!

-c
;

Old August 5th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Mike writes:

A certain percentage of the population has serious problems with alcohol.
It shouldn't surprise anyone that pilots are not immune.

See _The Pilot_ (1980), with Cliff Robertson. As I recall, at the end of the
movie he ends up going from airline pilot to ... cropduster.

I knew controllers
who would come to work reeking of alcohol and I've seen some take drinks out
in the parking lot. I haven't seen any of that since the FAA started
mandatory alcohol testing.

Good.
Old August 5th 08, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jason "Home Run" Kendrick writes:

A few brewskis and you jack a guy a job?

If it involves flying an airplane, yes.
Old August 5th 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Tman writes:

I like to eat where I fly, and that invariably means a drink or two.
My rule is 1 drink: 1.5 hours until last sip to flying. 2 drinks: 3
hours. 3 drinks: FAA 8 hours at least. Night flight: double those
times for 1 or 2 drinks.
Breaking a little bit the 8-hour b-t-t rule, but hey, I am pretty sure I
have that alcohol metabolized.
I gotta believe this is not egregious, and not uncommon. Not legal tho.
Anyone disagree?

It is both egregious and illegal: FAR 91.17(a)(1). You may not drink alcohol
_at all_ within eight hours before flying.

If you think it's okay ... what's your real, full name?
Old August 5th 08, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_5_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Mike writes:

A certain percentage of the population has serious problems with alcohol.
It shouldn't surprise anyone that pilots are not immune.

See _The Pilot_ (1980), with Cliff Robertson. As I recall, at the end of
the
movie he ends up going from airline pilot to ... cropduster.

A crop-duster is still a pilot, which you are not, and never will be
anything but a wannabe.

Old August 5th 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc[_5_]

Default Anthony Atkielski

Let's get this all straight. Anthony is not a pilot, and certainly not an
expert on alcohol, its metabolism, or anything to do with addiction.

Why feed his pathetic needs by engaging him in endless discussions? He knows
nothing about flying, and never will.

Old August 6th 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Viperdoc wrote:
Let's get this all straight. Anthony is not a pilot, and certainly not an
expert on alcohol, its metabolism, or anything to do with addiction.

Why feed his pathetic needs by engaging him in endless discussions? He knows
nothing about flying, and never will.

Well, if I ever need advice on how to live the life of an expatriate
pauper with no job, begging for items costing less than $10, terrified
of real airplanes and real social interaction, with a list of excuses
why I can never be anything but a failure in life about the size of
the New York phone book, he would be my go-to guy.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old August 6th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

"Viperdoc" wrote in
:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Mike writes:

A certain percentage of the population has serious problems with
alcohol. It shouldn't surprise anyone that pilots are not immune.

See _The Pilot_ (1980), with Cliff Robertson. As I recall, at the
end of the
movie he ends up going from airline pilot to ... cropduster.

A crop-duster is still a pilot, which you are not, and never will be
anything but a wannabe.

Anthony is a wannabe wannabe. He hasn't figured out how to be a wannabe
yet.