Ride from Milwaukee to OshKosh?

Old June 24th 04, 06:03 AM
News1

Default Ride from Milwaukee to OshKosh?

I'm in Dallas, considering flying (commercial) to Milwaukee for OshKosh.
I'd prefer not to rent a car myself. Could anyone give me a lift? I'd be
glad to buy gas for your car or airplane, and dinner or lunch if you'd like
it. I'd like to leave Milwaukee either later on Wednesday or early on
Thursday, and return to Milwaukee either Sunday or Monday. I'm also
possibly looking for a place to stay. I'll just camp if I don't find
anything.

E-mail me if you are interested, I'm not sure how often I'll be able to
check this group.

Thanks!

Steve Ruse

Old June 24th 04, 06:14 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 00:03:09 -0500, "News1"
wrote:

I'm in Dallas, considering flying (commercial) to Milwaukee for OshKosh.
I'd prefer not to rent a car myself. Could anyone give me a lift? I'd be
glad to buy gas for your car or airplane, and dinner or lunch if you'd like
it. I'd like to leave Milwaukee either later on Wednesday or early on
Thursday, and return to Milwaukee either Sunday or Monday. I'm also
possibly looking for a place to stay. I'll just camp if I don't find
anything.

There is a bus service that runs from the airport in Milwaukee to
Oshkosh...the EAA can probably give you more information.

Two years ago, my wife and I were walking through the terminal to pick up
our rental car and we met two guys *from my chapter* waiting for the bus.
Pretty amazing, especially since they'd arrived via a different airline.
Gave 'em a lift, of course.

Ron Wanttaja

Old June 27th 04, 12:58 AM
Lou Parker

wrote:

I'm in Dallas, considering flying (commercial) to Milwaukee for OshKosh.
I'd prefer not to rent a car myself. Could anyone give me a lift? I'd be
glad to buy gas for your car or airplane, and dinner or lunch if you'd like
it. I'd like to leave Milwaukee either later on Wednesday or early on
Thursday, and return to Milwaukee either Sunday or Monday. I'm also
possibly looking for a place to stay. I'll just camp if I don't find
anything.

There is a bus service that runs from the airport in Milwaukee to
Oshkosh...the EAA can probably give you more information.

Two years ago, my wife and I were walking through the terminal to pick up
our rental car and we met two guys *from my chapter* waiting for the bus.
Pretty amazing, especially since they'd arrived via a different airline.
Gave 'em a lift, of course.

I'll be driving through Milwaukee. Not sure what dates I can take off of work yet.
Lou
Ron Wanttaja

Glider Ride - Gift Michael Aerobatics 1 December 7th 04 10:46 AM
Oshkosh secrets? Ken Finney Home Built 30 March 3rd 04 07:11 PM
Oshkosh Vehicle Camping Jacob Jaks Home Built 3 July 22nd 03 05:23 PM
Need a ride from Milwauke to OshKosh Steve Ruse Home Built 2 July 11th 03 07:40 PM
CQ Oshkosh, CQ Oshkosh Warren & Nancy Home Built 4 July 3rd 03 06:42 PM