To Little Johnny Amphitheater

Old September 6th 06, 10:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Joaquin Murrieta

Default To Little Johnny Amphitheater

I'm not trying to hide who I am John. It's obvious that I'm
BACK. I only have two things to say:

1. I'm back
2. And...I'm ****ed.

You'll recall that I wrote that kitplanes article about Jess Meyer's
Chevy driven RV-6 under this persona to throw Dave Martin off. After
all the bull **** of him fighting to promote that piece of ****
Mini-500 helicopter, I'd have never gotten the article published on
Jess's RV-6 if the ******* had known who really wrote it. Now that
Dave has retired and vanished from the scene things are different and
I'll feel free to send them articles as I please. I think I'll write
one on the Lancair next. I was doing 300 mph in that some-bitch
yesterday. Thank God I have speed brakes in it or I'd never get it
down to a speed slow enough to throw out the landing gear without
thermal shocking that 550 Continental engine on the front.

I'll throw up some photos of it on my new geocities webpage here in a
couple days when I get the time so you all can letch at it. I've been
flight planning it at 235 knots, and that's at 21.5 inches of MP and
2350 rpm....goes like a scalled dog at about 9 to 10 thousand msl.
God, what a machine. I can get more out of it if I run it at 23
inches and 2400 rpm as you can imagine...something like 250 knots. The
speeds are almost exactly like those of the Cessna 421. The V-le is a
bit lower at 140 knots indicated, but approach is at 120 knots
indicated. I aim for a spot about 300 feet short of the runway and
try to peg 90 knots just at that spot with full flaps. That puts my
touchdown point about 500 feet down the runway, I throw the speed
brakes, pull all the way back on the stick and let her roll. I still
have to use brakes to make the 3200 foot turn off. If the flaps came
up for some reason and I had no speed brakes, I'd use 5000 feet easily
and still have to brake it to stop it. It's like flying an arrow,
shot out of a rifle.

You know too that the 90 knots indicated on sort final is really about
10% slower than reality because of the adiabatic compression of the
pitot system...so I'm doing about 100 knots in reality. That's 115
mph when the damn thing comes over the fence. Gets my heart racing a
bit. And what really gets my heart pumping is that it's soggy in roll
at that speed. I need a lot of rudder to get it to respond.

Scares the **** out of me sometimes. I just love it.

I'm still a low timer in it at about 45 hours or so. I've got a lot
to learn about that bird. I'm going to calibrate my angle of Attack
meter in the next few days and do what Dave Morss told me to do when
he test flew it and that's fly the approach using the AOA meter. I'll
get the speeds down about 10 mph more that way. Then it won't quite
be the handful it is to stop the damn thing after touchdown.

But just think about it. I rotate at 90 knots IAS, and I come over
the fence at the same IAS in it. If anything goes wrong at 115 mph
I'm toast. I love it. Keeps my coronary arteries open.

I'll get some photos of it up for you guys to see. What binary forum
are you guys using right now for photos?

Joaquin Murrietta
Old September 7th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Joaquin Murrieta" wrote

You're "****ed?" Wow, tell us something NEW about yourself! g

I'll get some photos of it up for you guys to see. What binary forum
are you guys using right now for photos?

alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
works for most people. I don't know if they will let scum like you post
there, though! ;-)

Welcome back! (I think)
--
Jim in NC

Old September 12th 06, 02:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
TigerPilot

Joaquin Murrieta wrote:
I'm not trying to hide who I am John. It's obvious that I'm
BACK. I only have two things to say:

1. I'm back
2. And...I'm ****ed.

Only one person writes like this and he flew with the Buzzards or was
it the Vultures or maybe the Crows or maybe the...Oh, what de heck, I
missed your writings. You better not disappear again. I know where you
live, I know where your momy lives, I know where your...BFG

Yoram (on permanent vacation in the Caribbean) Leshinski