Moller gets competition!

Old December 7th 03, 11:25 AM
Rob Turk

Default Moller gets competition!

Let's scrap our puny little planes, the future is he
http://www.taero.com/

Go, go Gadget Wings!

Rob

Old December 7th 03, 06:33 PM
Ron Natalie

"Rob Turk" wrote in message . nl...
Let's scrap our puny little planes, the future is he
http://www.taero.com/

Go, go Gadget Wings!

Chortle. When you click on "What the experts say" the only "expert" you get is the
founder of the company. And "Dr." Ikeler is a vetrinarian!

This looks like the classic "we'll get the money first" and then we'll figure we can give
some tiny amount to someone to invent the technology. Their site seems to also
want to install bogus things on my machine, be careful when you go there.

Old December 8th 03, 12:29 AM
Ray Toews

There was an intersting article on CBC radio Quirks and Quarks
http://radio.cbc.ca/programs/quirks/, Sat. 6 Dec about flight and
where it was going. There was a fellow on named Dennis Bushnell who
said he worked at Dryden. he talked about a new transportation system
which sounded very Mollerish. My question is, because he works at
Dryden do I give him more credability or is it still pie in the sky?

Ray Toews

Old December 8th 03, 03:31 AM
Eric Miller

Ray Toews wrote in message ...
There was an intersting article on CBC radio Quirks and Quarks
http://radio.cbc.ca/programs/quirks/, Sat. 6 Dec about flight and
where it was going. There was a fellow on named Dennis Bushnell who
said he worked at Dryden. he talked about a new transportation system
which sounded very Mollerish. My question is, because he works at
Dryden do I give him more credability or is it still pie in the sky?

Ray Toews

If you mean "Highway in the Sky" then NASA definitely has some programs
related to that, and has for a long time.

If you mean "Flying Cars for the Masses", you might wanna see if he'll sell
you a spare Brooklyn Bridge first.

Eric

Old December 8th 03, 06:38 AM
Jay

Ray Toews wrote in message ...
There was a fellow on named Dennis Bushnell who
said he worked at Dryden. he talked about a new transportation system
which sounded very Mollerish. My question is, because he works at
Dryden do I give him more credability or is it still pie in the sky?

I've been out there on occasion and you got all types, from certified
genius to just plain certifiable. Did he say what he was doing for
them out there in the desert at Edwards? But I say encourage the guy,
its not my money, and maybe they'll learn something we can all use.
Old December 8th 03, 03:12 PM
Dan Thomas

There's another whole generation out there waiting to be reeled in by
a Moller-type "entrepreneur." They are tired of waiting for Moller to
start deliveries and need somewhere to pay for a dream that will never
come true.
This one looks like the wing was added as an afterthought. What
kind of interference drag do you suppose exists between it and the
roof of the "fuselage?" If they took off that wing they could sell the
rest of it to Chrysler for next year's lineup.

Dan
Old December 8th 03, 03:54 PM
Ron Natalie

"Dan Thomas" wrote in message om...
There's another whole generation out there waiting to be reeled in by
a Moller-type "entrepreneur." They are tired of waiting for Moller to
start deliveries and need somewhere to pay for a dream that will never
come true.

I just wonder if that 58 year old woman they sold the first one to will live long enough
to see it.

Old December 9th 03, 03:18 AM
Ernest Christley

Ron Natalie wrote:
"Dan Thomas" wrote in message om...

There's another whole generation out there waiting to be reeled in by
a Moller-type "entrepreneur." They are tired of waiting for Moller to
start deliveries and need somewhere to pay for a dream that will never
come true.

I just wonder if that 58 year old woman they sold the first one to will live long enough
to see it.

I've got to quit looking for a real job and bone up on my Photoshop
skills. Then I can 'invent' the next car in the sky and be rich.

--
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/
"Ignorance is mankinds normal state,

Old December 9th 03, 06:55 PM

Well, I thought I had seen it all, but I'll let you judge...
I got this from one of these newsgroups, but I am not sure which one.
http://www.protoscience.com/protobike.html
It's GOTTA BE a joke, but who knows...
The "products" in this WEB site don't even qualify as "vaporware", they are
flat and purely simply "BULL****WARE"
(just read about the "ProtoModem", my GOD this idiot doesn't even have a
clue about FCC regulations!!! )

By the mean time, the only shot at a viable flying car still is:
http://www.aerocar.com

I met this guy personally (he has a hangar full of cool toys at 00V) and it
seems that he is quietly advancing in his concept.
At least seems simple enough and "been there, done that..."
Enrique A. Troconis
CFI @ stevensonairport.com

Old December 10th 03, 12:30 AM
George Vranek

wrote in message
Well, I thought I had seen it all, but I'll let you judge...
I got this from one of these newsgroups, but I am not sure which one.
http://www.protoscience.com/protobike.html
It's GOTTA BE a joke, but who knows...
The "products" in this WEB site don't even qualify as "vaporware", they

are
flat and purely simply "BULL****WARE"
(just read about the "ProtoModem", my GOD this idiot doesn't even have a
clue about FCC regulations!!! )

By the mean time, the only shot at a viable flying car still is:
http://www.aerocar.com

I met this guy personally (he has a hangar full of cool toys at 00V) and

it
seems that he is quietly advancing in his concept.
At least seems simple enough and "been there, done that..."
Enrique A. Troconis
CFI @ stevensonairport.com

On the www.vranek.ch/aerocar.htm is shown another flying car idea called
Porsche Skymaster. It is a Porsche 911 Turbo car equipped with the wing and
twin tail of a Cessna Skymaster. The pusher prop is driven by the Porsche
(400 hp) engine via an inverted Z-drive. The "aeroplane part" of this
aerocar is easily removable and stays on the airfield while the "car part"
drives to the city....

George Vranek
Retired aeronautical engineer and hobby flyer