Uvalde 2020

Old April 30th 20, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
7K

Default Uvalde 2020

Howdy

As you probably know, almost all Nationals and World contests have been postponed till next year and the World Championships in Uvalde have been moved to 2024. However, Uvalde 2020 will still take place this summer from August 16-22. We’ll have classes for STD/15m, 18m, double seater and open. This will be a normal racing contest using FAI rules (including team flying) and scoring of assigned, AAT and GranPrix tasks, as well as prize money for several categories too.

Since this is not a Regional or Nationals, there will be no team points, just good racing fun in legendary weather. With the lack of other contests this year, Uvalde will be a great place to be! Join us. Signup is on the SSA website.

Also, even though Texas has started to relax it’s restrictions, we’ll continue social distancing and take great care to protect everyone’s health. If you have questions, please let me know.

Mark Keene
Old May 1st 20, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hey Mark How do we sign up? Who is eligible and how many are you limiting it to? Enquiring minds want to know.

CH ASW27
Old May 2nd 20, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Cliff
Its on the SSA Racing Calendar
I'm thinking about this too.
Never been there and this might work with my schedule.
Nick
Old May 2nd 20, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nick,

Uvalde - You gotsta GO!

I'll be there with Cliff.

Tony
TS1
Old May 2nd 20, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Uvalde - it makes a perfect addition to the your trip to Texas for the Sports Class Nationals at Soaring Club of Houston July 31 - August 8th!

Spend the absolute best soaring month of the year in Texas racing gliders, drinking craft beer, and having Texas BBQ!

Tony
Old May 3rd 20, 03:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
7K

On Friday, May 1, 2020 at 11:21:35 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Hey Mark How do we sign up? Who is eligible and how many are you limiting it to? Enquiring minds want to know.

CH ASW27

Hi Cliff, Everyone is welcome. We’re limiting it to 30 and looks like we’ll get that. It’ll be some good fun racing. Looking forward to seeing you!

Mark
Old May 3rd 20, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thanks Mark, Already signed up! Cant wait tovfly amazing uvalde conditions again 😍

ELY 2020 [email protected] Soaring 16 March 28th 20 03:53 AM
Uvalde Pre Pre Pre WGC 2020 7K Soaring 0 March 26th 20 11:35 PM
2020 GTA schedule [email protected][_2_] Soaring 0 January 25th 20 03:00 PM
2020 US Team Poll [email protected] Soaring 0 October 13th 19 01:24 PM
2020 contests [email protected] Soaring 6 May 24th 19 01:41 AM