I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 14th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

Default I give up, after many, many years!

"ML" == Marco Leon writes:

ML Wow, you guys really filter-out Jay?

Wow, you really like his astonishingly ignorant off-topic posts?

--
Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the
song still in them.
Old May 14th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
F. Baum

On May 13, 5:19*pm, "Morgans"
This is not aimed at Dan, but instead, everyone that has put up a response
to the lame thread about pilot's watches, started by MX.

Actually, the last pilot watch thread that I can remember was started
by Jay H. (I gotta admit I dont reference this list that often). I
went and got a pretty decent watch , on sale no less, after reading
that thread. I wear it every time I go flying.

Don't you all have a life?

Dont you.

I simply have no words to express my disgust.

Come on, let it all out.

What am I missing? *There are some people that I respect, or used to, that
are included in this thread.

I dont get no repsect.

That sucking sound is the life being drained from this group.

This coming from the guy who threatened to kick so and so's ass if he
showed up at Jays Oshcosh party.

I'm With Jay. *I'm outta here.

If you are "Outa here", why are you still posting?

It has been a nice ride; too bad a butt-lick ex-american, in paris, has the
ability to destroy a great forum.

Wake up. *I won't be the last to leave, I'm sure.

Last one out, turn out the lights.

James, look man, Its springtime. Go out and enjoy the nice flying WX
and the airshow season and we can pick up the bickering in November.
.
--
Jim in NC

Frank
Old May 14th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
romeomike

Morgans wrote:
This is not aimed at Dan, but instead, everyone that has put up a response
to the lame thread about pilot's watches, started by MX.

Once I posted a complaint about the OT posts of one of your buddies
here, and you replied with a condescending offer to show me how to use a
kill file. Why don't you just follow your own advice?
Old May 14th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

on 5/13/2008 6:52 AM Clark said the following:
Rich Ahrens wrote in news:48287b7e$0$950$804603d3
@auth.newsreader.iphouse.com:

on 5/12/2008 11:36 AM Blanche said the following:
And I've found that a kill file solves about 60% of the problems on
this list (as well as others). I've also noticed that once a thread
gets past 10-12 responses, it's either off-target (and usually
irrelevant) or nothing but absurbist posts.

Like this one?

So you say. I can simulate this thread and by that demonstration prove that
it is relevent and on-target in that context. You should just answer the
question and stick to the point rather than trying to attack the person with
the question. After all the original question and thread simulation is all
that matters.

Now stick with the program and simulation, ok?

Uh, no.
Old May 14th 08, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"romeomike" wrote in message
Morgans wrote:
This is not aimed at Dan, but instead, everyone that has put up a
response to the lame thread about pilot's watches, started by MX.

Once I posted a complaint about the OT posts of one of your buddies here,
and you replied with a condescending offer to show me how to use a kill
file. Why don't you just follow your own advice?

After tomorrow, I won't need to.

As far as that subject goes, I don't see MX or his dribble, nor do I see
many of his prime supporters and troll buddies. I have a larger kill file
by tenfold, than I have ever had before. I do see some of it in the replies
sent his way, regardless.

There is no way to filter out every one of those, without filtering most of
the group.

Past that, what I object to, is what his presence has done to this group, as
I already stated. Many good people are not willing to wade through the
crap, and are no longer participating. There is less and less reason to
look here, any longer. Tomorrow, I will be gone, with them.

Long ago, when a personality like this appeared, he was shown the door, and
it was made to stick.

No longer, unfortunately.

Oh, by the way, thanks, you are in my trash bin, thanks to your timely
reminder.
--
Jim in NC

Old May 14th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
romeomike

Morgans wrote:

Oh, by the way, thanks, you are in my trash bin, thanks to your timely
reminder.

You're leaving but still need to update your killfile? :-) You'll be
back. Bye

Old May 14th 08, 05:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in
:

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Dudley Henriques" wrote

I have a criteria. If anyone posts a legitimate question in a
straightforward and respectful manner, I'll answer that post in kind
if I have an answer.

I humbly suggest that you change that criteria.

This is a question from a person that is about to put the last nail
in the coffin of RAP; a place that many people have come to for
answers, and you have helped to provide.

I would suspect that conservetively, there are only about 33% of the
posters stuill here that used to frequent this forum, and most of the
missing have been driven off by him and the trolls that came in "to
get" him.

Would you answer questions of a known murderer, about the best way to
kill people, and not get caught? How about giving answers to a known
child abuser, about ways to get young children to come into his
house?

I hope you would not honostly answer yes to the above questions,
because if you do, you need help.

You say you want to increase the safety of people flying, right? I
believe you have. If they are not in here, you can't help them.
They are not here because of a person you are enabling, by responding
to.

Your criteria should include a part about not answering known trolls.
It does not take much imagination to conclude that he is a troll.

Until you and others start to see it that way, he will stay, and
others will _stay away_.

Like I said, the last one out, turn out the lights.
--
Jim in NC

Very well said Jim. I often disagree with you, but today is not one of
those times.

It amazes me how many otherwise sensible people, continue to enable
not only Mx, but Bertie as well, by supplying them with STRAIGHT
answers.

They are literally feeding the trolls. It causes me to seriously
consider the agenda of anyone that does so.

What, like you, for example?

And "seriously consider the agenda" ?

Bwawhahwhahwhahwhahwhahwhhawhhahwhahwhahhw!

Bertie

Old May 14th 08, 05:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.bertie-the-bunyip
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:8unWj.42277$KJ1.13770
@newsfe19.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
One of my favorite quotations of all time is this. Gregory Peck, when

he
had just hit the big time in the early fifties, and his gang showed

up
at a fancy restaurant. The Maitre'd informed them it would be some

time
before they could be seated. One of his entourage stepped up to the
Maitre'd and said, excuse me, but do you know who this is?" Peck

pulled
him aside and said to him "If ya gotta tell 'em who you are, you

ain't"
I think of this every time I see a guy with watch with 47 functions

on
it.

Bertie

I think of it every time you and Dudley get in to one of your stroking
sessions.

I bet you do.

If you sub to a proper new server instead of that Okie crap you got you
could read even more on alt.fan.bertie-the-bunyip.

Bertie

Old May 14th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:ZwnWj.42280$KJ1.25937
@newsfe19.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Tina wrote in news:2cf9b37f-fa47-4e08-add7-
:

Character, it's been said, is what you do when no one is watching.
These days on the 'net it's demonstrated in other ways. Oh well.

I'm considered a bit of a character rl as well.....

Bertie

That's because they were to gracious to say "piece of ****".

Some say that, I'm sure. I don't really care. You can't please
everyone..

Do you actually think anything an idiot like you says bothers me, BTW?

Just wondering.

Old May 14th 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:NvnWj.42278$KJ1.2800
@newsfe19.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
B A R R Y wrote in
:

On Mon, 12 May 2008 12:14:45 -0700 (PDT), "F. Baum"

wrote:

Partially agree here. At work I see the types who have to make sure
evryone at a party knows they are a pilot. They drive around town
running errands 3 hours before sign in IN their uniforms

FWIW, I know firefighters, mail carriers, a UPS driver, a FedEx

driver
and a riverboat pilot that do the same.

True. Some would be just too lazy to change, of course!

In fact I know firefighters that wear something related to
firefighting, like a "DC Collapse Unit" t-shirt, EVERY day.

That's a bit creepy, alright. If you've ever had the opportunity to

have
to be consoled for some really major trauma, the feeling that comes

from
having someone show you some genuine sympathy is intense, to say the
least. It's a physical reaction, obviously designed to encourage the
person to seek out the assistance of the tribe in hard times and it
feels as good as an orgasm, or what I might imagine a shot of an

opiate
might feel like. I'm sure lots here have felt it. It's not hard to

see
how it might become addictive, in fact. I've got a notion that it's
probably the reason that people with Munchausen and it's related
ailments do what they do.

Bertie

What a crock of ****. Are you quoting your brother Dudley directly.

Nope. Personal experience, fjukktard.
And there are several peole here aware of that experience and so realise
what a ninny you are.

Not that that would be much of a revelation.

Bertie

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM