Navigation strategy on a short flight

Old July 7th 10, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

Default Navigation strategy on a short flight

In article
,
"Flaps_50!" wrote:

On Jul 3, 2:47*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

. I didn't have a written plan, nor did I log my
progress. In general I eschew anything that might require writing, because
there is no space on the table for writing things by hand, and because the
room is generally dark except for the monitor, making writing difficult.

It works well for me. My failure or success in the sim should accurately
mirror what my result in real life would be.

So, you have a night rating... LOL

Cheers

I live in the USA -- what's a "night rating?"

Old July 7th 10, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
george

On Jul 8, 5:48*am, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,

*"Flaps_50!" wrote:
On Jul 3, 2:47 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

. I didn't have a written plan, nor did I log my
progress. In general I eschew anything that might require writing, because
there is no space on the table for writing things by hand, and because the
room is generally dark except for the monitor, making writing difficult.

It works well for me. My failure or success in the sim should accurately
mirror what my result in real life would be.

So, you have a night rating... LOL

Cheers

I live in the USA -- what's a "night rating?"

Here it means that you are able to fly under VFR conditions after
civil twilight and if you are a PPL allowed to carry a friend or three
up to 10 nautical miles from the airfield of origin (more or less)
Old July 7th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article
,
george wrote:

On Jul 8, 5:48*am, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:
In article
,

*"Flaps_50!" wrote:
On Jul 3, 2:47 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

. I didn't have a written plan, nor did I log my
progress. In general I eschew anything that might require writing,
because
there is no space on the table for writing things by hand, and because
the
room is generally dark except for the monitor, making writing
difficult.

It works well for me. My failure or success in the sim should
accurately
mirror what my result in real life would be.

So, you have a night rating... LOL

Cheers

I live in the USA -- what's a "night rating?"

Here it means that you are able to fly under VFR conditions after
civil twilight and if you are a PPL allowed to carry a friend or three
up to 10 nautical miles from the airfield of origin (more or less)

Where is "here?"

In the US, all we have to do is log three takeoffs and landings to a
full stop between the hours of one hour after civil sunset and one hour
before civil sunrise within the past 90 days, to carry passengers.

You can get current with or without an instructor aboard -- all you have
to do is log it.

Old July 8th 10, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Logajan

Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
I live in the USA -- what's a "night rating?"

Here it means that you are able to fly under VFR conditions after
civil twilight and if you are a PPL allowed to carry a friend or
three up to 10 nautical miles from the airfield of origin (more or
less)

Where is "here?"

Based on his IP address, he is in New Zealand.

Old July 9th 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Peter Dohm

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
Orval Fairbairn wrote:
In article
,

wrote:
I live in the USA -- what's a "night rating?"

Here it means that you are able to fly under VFR conditions after
civil twilight and if you are a PPL allowed to carry a friend or
three up to 10 nautical miles from the airfield of origin (more or
less)

Where is "here?"

Based on his IP address, he is in New Zealand.

Oooo wrong button again....

What I was trying to say was that I had been about to ask:
"Where in Hell is that?"
and that, now, I know where Hell is...

Peter

Old July 9th 10, 05:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
george

On Jul 9, 1:34*pm, "Peter Dohm" wrote:

What I was trying to say was that I had been about to ask:
"Where in Hell is that?"
and that, now, I know where Hell is...

Well I've lived in the US and Europe and I can tell you that there are
worse places than here.

But I think the rating question has been answered
Old July 9th 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

On Jul 4, 10:47*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
He is sadly mistaken as it does not accurately mirror results IN A
REAL PLANE.

That depends on the situation. In many simulation scenarios, your experience
in the simulation precisely mirrors what it would be in real life. In
particular,

I repeat my question. What quality control is done in MSFS compared
to the real world?` Since you DO NOT fly a real plane, you DO NOT
KNOW if MSFS precisely mirrors the real world.

this means that if you make a foolish mistake in the simulated
flight and kill yourself, you would also be dead in real life ...

Ummm, I have crashed in MSFS and never killed myself DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Again I repeat myself as you have a serious comprehension problem

YOU ARE sadly mistaken as it does not accurately mirror results IN A
REAL PLANE.

How do I know this???? I fly in the real world AND use MSFS.

Can you. for the readership TELL US YOUR REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE????
Please entertain us.