Don't point RPGs at US soldiers!

Old June 18th 04, 09:07 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:40:18 GMT, "It's Me Again"
wrote:

snip
Dave

I'm not so sure, it sounded and awful lot like a SAW. Counted nine or ten
shots fired, looks like the first couple severed his spine. The rest,
chest
and head, Great shooting!!

T3

For those of you who are wondering what SAW is (I was), it's Squad Automatic
Weapon.

http://www.ndu.edu/nwc/nwcCLIPART/US...W/army-saw.htm

Anybody whose ever played Counterstrike knows what that baby is :-)
That and the Barrett Arms 0.50 cal sniper rifle. Nobody likes an AWP
Whore (sniper with the fifty).
Old June 18th 04, 09:42 PM
Krztalizer

Further, the sniper may have been able to lure the dead guy's
compatriots out into the street had he held off firing the follow
up kill shot to the head.

Isn't it illegal to kill the wounded, according to the Geneva
Conventions?

He remains a bullet magnet for as long as the RPG remains under his control.
Old June 18th 04, 11:13 PM
T3

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"T3" wrote in message
om...

From: Nuk

I'd say he was planning hit a squad of Marines, or a Humvee or APC or
similar, but they saw him first and he found himself staring down the
barrels of a few US Marines...

Nah, you can see the bullets kick up clouds of dust in the street from

both the
chest and head shots. Whomever got him plainly shot him from a roof

top,
i.e.,
it was probably a sniper watching over a patrol....not a patroller.

As I mentioned before, I think the Marine snipers are using bolt

actions,
however, I have seen some pics of US Army snipers carrying tricked up

M-14
sniper variants. I am thinking this guy was had by an Army sniper

because
of
the quick follow-up shot. Consequently, I also doubt this video is

from
the
Fallujah action, since it was the Marines laying siege in Fallujah.

I'm still trying to figure out why he was in the middle of a street,
no cover, no camo... stupid, stupid, stupid...

It's a "jihad" for Allah. Rationality plays little part.

One wonders just exactly what the insurgents even think they are

trying
accomplish. What will surely result if they gain supremacy is chaos,

civil
war,
and the weakening of Iraq making it a tempting invasion target for the

likes of
Iran. So, if they think they are fighting for the good of Iraq, they

are
merely
deluding themselves.
Dave

I'm not so sure, it sounded and awful lot like a SAW. Counted nine or

ten
shots fired, looks like the first couple severed his spine. The rest,

chest
and head, Great shooting!!

I'd bet you are right about the weapon being used; SAW with standard
intermittent tracer load.

Brooks

That's how I figured it, except maybe what we're thinking were tracers were
actually ricochets off the road. But you know what, that is one dead M'fer
that our guys won't have to deal with again.....

T3

Old June 18th 04, 11:31 PM
B2431

US soldiers!
From: "Joe Blow"
Date: 6/17/2004 8:19 PM Central Daylight Time
I've been waiting for this one. Anyone know what is being said?

"Andrew" wrote in message
http://w3.kill-9.com/rpg-man.mpg

Strict translation is " Achmed really wanted those 72 virgins, didn't he? He's
in for a rough time, one of them is my ex-wife."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old June 18th 04, 11:33 PM
B2431

From: "T3"
Date: 6/18/2004 8:36 AM Central Daylight Time

From: Andrew

Date: 6/17/2004 8:00 PM Central Daylight Time
http://w3.kill-9.com/rpg-man.mpg

I like it, but how do I save it?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Dan, if you are using Win XP and IE, simply go back to the post by ME,

right click on the link and save target as whatever and wherever you want.

T3

I tried to do that before I made my post. Thanks to all that helped. Someone
sent it to me.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old June 19th 04, 12:22 AM
ian maclure

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 07:31:51 +0000, Dav1936531 wrote:

IBM

The speed of the sucessive shots leads me to believe that this guy was not the
victim of a US Marine sniper, since most of them are using bolt action rifles
from my understanding. The shots just seem to come too quickly to have cycled
the bolt that fast (could be wrong though).

It was something on auto. AW, SAW, or LMG.

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old June 19th 04, 12:27 AM
ian maclure

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 19:36:39 +0000, It's Me Again wrote:

[snips]

Someone has neglected to tell them the 17 female virgins they receive in
heaven have PMS for all eternity.

That's 72 not 17.
That's Virginians not virgins.
And PMS will be the least of the deceased's problems.

Old June 19th 04, 12:56 AM
Joe Blow

Strict translation is " Achmed really wanted those 72 virgins, didn't he?

He's
in for a rough time, one of them is my ex-wife."

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Dan,

I hear the 72 have PMS for all eternity.

Old June 19th 04, 01:02 AM
Joe Blow

http://www.ndu.edu/nwc/nwcCLIPART/US...AW/army-saw.ht

Anybody whose ever played Counterstrike knows what that baby is :-)
That and the Barrett Arms 0.50 cal sniper rifle. Nobody likes an AWP
Whore (sniper with the fifty).

I'm up here in the Great white north, we use the C9.
http://www.army.dnd.ca/lf/English/2_...=39&uSection=2

I had totally forgotten what SAW meant.