Garmin 430 question

Old July 21st 03, 01:41 AM
MLenoch

Default Garmin 430 question

Is there a time (Zulu or UTC) display in the Garmin?
The thought occurred to me that the GPS derives data from a satellite based
clock signal or such and thus, time ought to be available......so I think (!).
Thx,
VL
Old July 21st 03, 02:22 AM
Richard Kaplan

"MLenoch" wrote in message

Is there a time (Zulu or UTC) display in the Garmin?
The thought occurred to me that the GPS derives data from a satellite

based
clock signal or such and thus, time ought to be available......so I think

(!).

I have never seen a GPS without a clock output, although that does not
necessarily mean the clock output is convenient to use for navigation
purposes if you also need the NAV screens.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com

Old July 21st 03, 03:25 AM
paul k. sanchez

Is there a time (Zulu or UTC) display in the Garmin?
The thought occurred to me that the GPS derives data from a satellite based
clock signal or such and thus, time ought to be available......so I think
(!).
Thx,
VL

Did you check NAV page 5? Also ETA (either local or UTC) is available as a data
field on FPL page 1. The accuracy of the clock display should be sufficient,
approximately .01 microseconds of UTC.

I'm not quite sure of your question, the Garmin 430 manual lists the location
of time display in the index.

paul k. sanchez, cfii-mei
on eagles’ wings
2011 south perimeter road, suite g
fort lauderdale, florida 33309-7135
305-389-1742 wireless
954-776-0527 fax
954-965-8329 home/fax

Old July 21st 03, 07:50 AM
Thomas Borchert

MLenoch,

Yes. There's a whole page with timers, flight time (based on when a
certain threshold speed is exceeded) and of course UTC. It's in the AUX
pages.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)